XXV

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

It was a starry night as I walked home from the mines.

Yes, I accepted the work that the doppelgänger had offered me. Why you ask? Because I wanted to stay in this town till I could find you again. The hope in me hadn't died yet, and I was glad.

Because, under that starry night, I met you.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I held you in my arms, preventing you from falling. You looked as stunning as ever and I had to blink my eyes quite a few times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

You were real and so was the tear stains on your soft, pink cheeks.

I took you home that night. I was happy that you trusted me, maybe it was the bond we had in your previous life that you had been oblivious to.

Our love blossomed like it was destined to be.

But every flower must die some day...

When we made love for the first time, I couldn't forget the euphoric feeling pulsing through every nerve of my body. Along with those feelings came consequences that I didn't know would be the answer to my mortality.

You became the cure to my immortality and I thought that maybe, just maybe our lives could go back to normal.

I was wrong...

I began to notice changes in myself.

I was no longer invincible. You made me vulnerable. You made be bleed.

You made me human again.

And just like our love in your last lifetime, it wasn't meant to be.

We ran away, again.

But this time, I had a family in Donten that could keep us safe.

The Parker's Estate.

We left everything behind once again, but we had each other and that was more than enough.

I thought we could finally have our happy ending.

Oh, how wrong was I?

A week after moving to our home, you began to feel sick and to say I was worried was nothing but an understatement.

Thankfully, Mageret helped us out.