XVII

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

After having the meal of her life, Anna began to feel drowsy. Sleep set in, making her eyelids heavy. She sunk into the car seat and closed her eyes, leaning her head on the window.

Taehyung took a glimpse of her peaceful face and focused back on the road. Oh, how much he wanted to kiss her right in that moment! He missed seeing the love of his life, but with Anna here now, he got to relive the moments of him and Armelle together.

When he stopped at the red light, he looked over at Anna once again, taking in her beauty and everything he had missed for the past century. His hand reached out to her hair and tucked it behind her ear like it had a mind of its own.

"He hit you again?" Taehyung's fingers brushed over Armelle's back that was scattered with red bruises. Armelle whimpered at his touch.

"I'm so sorry for not being able to help you, Elle." He kissed the skin of her bruised back softly.

Armelle looked over her shoulder, "You being here for me is all the help I need, Tae." She whispered.

Taehyung took her face between his palms and kissed her lips gently, which she gladly returned, caressing his bottom lip between her soft pairs.

What started as something innocent turned into a heated exchange of kisses. Armelle encircled her hands around Taehyung's neck, deepening the kiss, making up for all the time she hadn't seen him.

Taehyung swiftly picked her up by the waist and sat her on his thighs, letting their naked chests collide. His right hand moved up from her stomach, to the side of her breast and finally tangling with her long, soft hair, while the other hand snaked around her waist, pulling her chest closer to his.

"I love you."

Taehyung abruptly stopped the car a few blocks away from Anna's house when he saw her panting heavily in her sleep. Her breaths were quick and shallow, scaring Taehyung, making him think that she was having some kind of breathing difficulties or seizure

"Beth!" He shook her by the shoulders, "BETH!"

Anna woke up from her sleep with a low gasp leaving her lips. Her drowsy, half-lidded eyes fell upon Taehyung who was looked frightened.

"Tae..." she whispered, eyes looking at him as if she was in a daze while one of her hand rested on his cheek. Taehyung's eyes grew a fraction after hearing his love's soft voice calling out his nickname after over a century.