II

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

Anna jumped in her spot when she felt a pair of hands loosely wrap around her shoulders, "You absolutely should stop doing that! You scare me every single time" she complained as she stirred the sugar into her coffee.

"I love scaring you!" Jungkook teased. He instantly snatched her coffee mug and took a sip.

"Hey! I made that for myself, jackass!" Anna tried to pry it away from him, but he was taller and much stronger than she was, so Jungkook laughed as she failed miserably at getting her mug back.

Anna followed him to the living room, still trying to get her coffee back. Jungkook seated himself on the lounge and patted the vacant spot next to him to gesture Anna to sit next to him. Anna crossed her arms and reluctantly perched beside him, puffing loudly.

"You're so adorable when you pretend to be angry." Jungkook cooed and handed her back the half-empty mug.

"Whatever. Calling me cute won't make me forget the fact that you stole my freshly brewed coffee!" Anna huffed once more before taking a sip of her remaining coffee.

There was silence.

The silence that constantly surrounded them when they were together. The kind that caused them to feel relaxed with each other's presence.

"I can't believe school's going to end in a few months..." Jungkook sighed, staring at the boring ceiling.

"Me too." Anna placed her empty mug on the table and turned her body completely to meet her crush-slash-bestie.

She admired every feature on Jungkook's face. It was hard not to fall in love with a guy like Jungkook. How could anyone escape the sweet and kind boy who cared so much about the ones he loved?

But even with so much affection in her heart, she feared to admit her emotions to him. What if he didn't feel the same way? What if her sentiments ruined their friendship? There were too many 'what if's' and so she didn't want to take her chances. She cherished this friendship more than anything else, and she wanted it to stay eternally.

But nothing lasts forever, does it?

"I know I'm handsome, but you don't have to keep staring." Jungkook scoffed amusingly, without looking at Anna.

"Ass." Anna rolled her eyes but let out a little chuckle, anyway.

"Anna." Jungkook's tone was now serious, "Have I ever told you how much I value our friendship?"

Anna gulped.

It hurt her to think that Jungkook only thought of her as nothing but a friend. Best friend.

She remained quiet when Jungkook's eyes met with hers.

"I've known you since we were kids. We've fought, we've laughed, we've cried. We've done everything that best friends would do and I wouldn't change a thing!" Jungkook gave Anna a small smile, "After school ends, I have no idea what our lives are going to be like. But I'd never want us to part ways. Never. I value you too much to let you go like that."