XXXIX

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

I really made a fool out of myself, didn't I?

Anna internally facepalmed when she replayed the incidents from this morning. She couldn't believe that shit went down right in front of Taehyung's best friend and that too in a fucking airport!

Anna broke out of her thoughts when she heard a gentle knock on her room door. She quickly placed her hairbrush on the dressing table and skipped to the door, revealing Taehyung on the other side. She could feel her face burn up when he sent her a smile.

Ever since she shamelessly confessed to him at the airport, she didn't get a proper chance to talk to him because Jimin was with them on their way back to the dorm.

"Hey." Taehyung smiled.

"H-hey..." Anna squealed, covering it up with an awkward smile.

"May I come in?"

That's what he said.

"Y-yeah. Yeah, sure!" Anna swung the door wide enough for him to slip in. She closed the door behind her as Taehyung proceeded and took a place on the edge of her bed.

"Umm... what brings you here?" Anna frowned.

"I, uh... I want to talk about us."

"Oh..." she leaned against the dressing table, "I'm listening."

Taehyung walked over to Anna and stood before her. He gently took her hands in his and squeezed them, "I... I want you to give me another chance. I know I screwed up last time, but I want us to be together again. I want to start over with you..."

He looked down at their hands that were together and sighed, "And I'm also sorry for putting you in a place where you had to choose between Jungkook and I. I hadn't realised how wrong I was to do that until you pointed it out the other day. I'm really sorry, Beth... I really am."

Anna pulled her hand away from his grasp and he felt his heart sting. But soon, he felt warmth when her palms were placed against his cheeks. He looked up to see Anna smiling. It wasn't that awkward, nervous smile anymore... it was a real smile. The smile that could light up his whole world.

"Apology accepted."

A gasp left her lips when Taehyung suddenly pulled her into his chest, arms tightly wrapping around her body. He whispered a string of thank you's as they embraced.

"So, do I get my second chance with you?" He pulled back enough to see her face. She nodded her head and soon let out a squeal when he quickly pressed a kiss onto her lips.