XXXVIII

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

He didn't know how and why it happened, but his gut wrenched with a peculiar feeling as he got closer and closer to the person he was hoping to find.

He whipped his horse to pick up its pace. Dust surrounded him as he swiftly moved through the dirt road that lead to the outskirts of Donten.

Unlike the dreadful, grayscale lives of his town, this town had colour to it. It had joy, and liveliness. He had heard that the Parkers were the founding families who continued to make this land prosperous.

As his eyes skimmed over the lively ambience of the market, he almost forgot why he was really there.

His mission.

Ever since the nightmares had begun, he itched to meet Armelle to fulfil an untold desire that ran in his mind. He had to find her.

He had to find her before the full moon could come up, but the sun was already painting the sky with hues of red, pink and purple as it was setting below the horizon.

This cannot be happening...

This really can't be happening right now!

Teardrops fell on the little goodbye note as Anna clutched it tightly with her fingers.

"How long will it take to get to the airport?" She asked the taxi driver, wiping away the tears with the back of her palm.

"With this traffic, it will take a while. I think it would be faster to just walk over there."

Anna quickly paid the driver and got off the cab. She broke into a sprint without giving a damn about the people who eyed her weirdly.

As soon as Anna read the note, she thought no further and hopped into a pair of joggers and hailed a taxi for herself. And now, she was running her way through the traffic and the people. Her legs were at the verge of giving up, but she had no time to think over or lose. She had no idea if Taehyung would still be at the airport. She didn't know anything, but she prayed that she wasn't too late. No matter how many calls and texts she made, he never got back and it went to the voice mailbox.

Since she ran all the way, she reached the gates of the airport faster than she anticipated. The large crowd around her was beginning to give her anxiety and made her feel conscious about the striped pyjamas she was in.