XXXIV

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

The Third immortal.

That's all that was spinning around Anna's mind ever since her conversation with Sara. Her tongue itched to share this with Taehyung, but she didn't want him to worry more than he already was. But at the same time, he deserved to know.

While one part of her was worried about the murderer, another part was worried about Jungkook. No matter how many texts she sent him, she never got a reply back. It wasn't even seen by him yet.

Anna took a deep breath before she balled her fingers into a fist and gently knocked twice on Taehyung's door. She heard shuffling noise from the inside, "Just a moment!"

The door swung inwards, revealing Taehyung with messy mane like he had just put on his T-shirt, "Beth. Do you want brownie or somethi-"

"Taehyung..." she cut him off. Taehyung's face turned to that of curiosity with a tinge of seriousness, "There's something I need to tell you."

His brows knitted together, but he opened his door wider to let Anna slip into his room. Anna finally got to see his room properly, unlike the last time she was in it. She saw little plants and succulents placed on his windowsill and on the floor on either sides of his bed. The walls were coffee colour and white. It radiated warmth just like Taehyung. His bed was neatly made with lots of throw pillows and cushions with colours of brown, cream and white. In the centre of the feature wall hung a replica of the Starry Night painting.

He has always loved Van Gogh, huh?

"Have a seat, Beth." He pointed towards little armchair that rested in the corner of the room beside the window. Anna did as he asked and sat herself in the comfortable chair.

"So... what is it that you want to talk about?" Taehyung leaned against the wall, hands folded across his chest.

"I don't know how to say this but, it's about me, Taehyung... the murder."

She noticed how Taehyung stiffened at the mention of the murder. His hands fell to his sides as he stood up straight, "Go on." It was hard to decipher the emotion behind his tone, so Anna just continued.

"You do realise that-"

"That we have only a few months left to save you? Yes, Beth. I know. But I already told you a long time ago about my suspicions, and you chose to brush it away."

"And I still stand on my word. It is not Jungkook!" Anna's nails dug into her palms as she controlled herself from not throwing flames at the man standing before her, "I spoke to Sara last night. And we might have figured something out."