IX

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

"Anna! ANNA! ANNABETH!"

This was the thousandth time Anna had spaced out during lunchtime. While Hoseok and Jungkook were playing soccer with a bunch of other classmates, Sara and Anna got to spend some girl time alone. But it was all getting wasted due to Anna's absent mind.

"What has gotten into you, Ann?" Sara sighed and shook her head in disbelief, "Tell me if something's up!"

"It's nothing..."

Such a bad lie.

"Oh, c'mon! I've been your best friend for years! Tell me." Sara propped her chin in her palm and she rested her elbow on the wooden bench. She wasn't the kind of friend who'd let things be, she was the type to push people until she got answers and she was doing just that right now.

"Don't judge, okay?"

"Of course not! I'm your best friend, bitch!" Sara giggled, but soon stopped when Anna was far from amused.

"Okay... so, I've been having... dreams. Strange dreams."

"What's it about?" Sara lifted her brow curiously.

"That's the weirdest part." Anna leaned closer into Sara's ears and whispered, "It's about Mr Kim."

Sara let a gasp so loud that the whole continent would've been able to hear her, "WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

"SHHH!" Anna stamped her best friend's foot to shut her up, causing Sara to cry in pain.

"What the fuck, Anna!" Sara groaned, pressing her palms on her injured foot.

"I'm sorry! You just started yelling and that was my reflex!"

"Whatever, continue. I wanna know more."

"It's just that, these dreams have been messing up with my head. Ever since I've started getting these dreams, I feel so guilty to be with Jungkook. It's as if I'm cheating on him by dreaming about another man. Am I overthinking it?" Anna bit on her lower lip, looking at her friend with pleading eyes.

Sara sighed and placed her palms on Anna's cold hands, "Look, I know you're scared. But Taehyung is too hot to resist!" She bursted into laughter until Anna smacked her shoulder, "Okay, okay, I was joking. But listen. Like you said, it's your mind playing games with you, okay? I mean, you don't have any feelings for Taehyung... do you?"

"No!" Anna protested without any delay.

"See? There's nothing for you to worry about. You don't have to feel guilty around Jungkook. You love him and you know it, and that's all that matters. Not these dreams."

Anna nodded and threw her hands around her best friend's shoulders, "Thank you, Sara! You're the best!"

"I know, I am!" Sara giggled and hugged her bestie back.