I

CHAPTER ONE

Growing up, Anna always had an affinity towards art. While the rest of the kids enjoyed playing in the park or going to summer camps, she was the type to watch Bob Ross videos only to end up creating a chaotic mesh of colours on a canvas, getting paint all over her hands, face and clothes. Even though she got told off a few times by her parents for destroying walls and furniture, they recognised her fondness for art and supported her growing passion for it.

In school, she chose art as one of her electives, and the only teacher that could make the subject more interesting was Mrs Lee. And now, with her favourite teacher gone, she wondered if her love for the subject would remain the same.

Kim Taehyung.

The man had piqued her curiosity, and it grew inside her like a plague. She couldn't decide if it was his mysteriously enticing aura or something much deeper that transcended human knowledge. But whatever it was, she did not like that uneasy feeling that was always gnawing at her in the back of her mind. The more she looked at him, the more she felt herself getting sucked in the vortex he had created for her.

"Since this is my first class, I'd like you all to introduce yourselves and get to know everyone. Let's start with..." the corner of his lips perked up, but the smile didn't seem genuine in Anna's eyes. His gaze wandered around the class before they fell upon the brunette who felt her heartbeat hit the roof, "You."

Hesitantly, Anna rose from her seat, exchanging brief glances with Jungkook. She could already tell by the dull gaze that her best friend wasn't appreciating the new teacher's attitude, "Um, I'm Annabeth Beckett, sir."

"Oh, please." Taehyung shook his head, scoffing a smile, "Don't call me sir. Call me, Taehyung. I'm not much older than you all are."

Waving his forefingers, he gestured Anna to sit down. The said girl scoffed to herself and sat down. Yup, art class was sure going to be one hell of a pain in the ass!

Twenty minutes into the class and only one was remaining to introduce themselves.

Jungkook stood up from his seat, straightening his back and pushing his chest forward, "I'm Jeon Jungkook."

"Good to know." a tight-lipped smile grazed the teacher's lips. Anna didn't miss how the two males exchanged hostile gazes, sending a chill down her spine. Before things could get more awkward, Jungkook sat down when Taehyung turned to the blackboard.

The piece of chalk clicked against the surface as Taehyung hastily scribbled bold letter, "Let's talk about love."

Taehyung turned around and dusted his palms, "For centuries, love has been portrayed as the purest form of emotion in the art world. Since you all have studied various artworks throughout the term which piece to you depicts love the best?"