XIII

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"You were right when you said you have years of experience when it comes to cooking." Anna hastily scrapping the remains of her morning pancake crumbles of the plates with her fork, groaning in delight, "This is the best breakfast I've ever had! Thank you, Jimin! Wait... is it okay if I call you Jimin?"

Jimin chuckled swinging on his stool to face the puzzled girl, "Of course! I'm not much older than you are!"

Well, technically, I am far too old but my age froze at 22. But that's a story for another day.

"Cool." Anna smiled, slipping off the stool and placing the plate into the sink, "Um, by the way. May I know the name of this place?"

"Clement Avenue, why?"

"Uber. I need to get home before my parents discover that I'm not in my bedroom." Anna smiled nervously, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Taehyung asked me - scratch that - he ordered me to drop you off."

"What? No." Anna shook her head so head that it could've flew off her neck if she hadn't stopped sooner, "I don't want to be an inconvenience."

"You are not an inconvenience, Annabeth. You're Taehyung's friend, and I'll always be happy to help you out."

Taehyung's friend.

Anna felt her chest blossom with a mellow feeling, smiling to herself, absentmindedly. Jimin smiled warmly and got off his seat, walking to the key holder that was hanging by the door, "C'mon, before you get grounded."

After singing a string of thank you's to Jimin, Anna got out of his car and took urgent steps to her front door.

Softly knocking on it, she waited for someone to open the door while her mind thought of excuses, lies, to tell her parents.

"Annabeth!" Her mom said in an alarming tone when her eyes fell upon her daughter, "What are you doing outside?"

"Uh... I kinda went for a... walk?" Anna cursed at herself for telling such a clumsy lie.

"In these clothes?" Anna's mom had a that-is-utter-bullshit face on as she stared at her daughter from head to toe.

"Yeah... hehe." Anna managed to chuckle, trying to lighten the thick tension between her and her mom.

"Get inside. And don't ever go for your 'walks' like this ever again." Her mom rolled her eyes and moved aside, leaving Anna ample of space to walk into her home.

Just when Anna was about to take the first step, her moms voice stopped her, "Oh! And Anna!"

She turned around to face her mom who was standing in the middle of the foyer, "Yes, Mom?"

"Hoseok came by to meet you."

Anna's body was hit by a tremor. She hadn't spoken to any of her friends in two days. All she had told them was that Jungkook and her were no longer together, sparing the details for another time. Just when she thought her day was going great, it had to be intruded by the soon-to-come conversation about her status with Jungkook.

"Did you tell him I wasn't here?"

"No."

Anna's heart began to pound, not ready to hear rest of her mom's reply.

"He's waiting for you upstairs."

Going upstairs was the most dreadful thing Anna could do right now, and that's exactly what was happening. She didn't want the stairs to ever stop because at this point she could climb countless stairs rather than explain everything that had happened in the span of 5 days and relive the heartbreak and the pain.

For a day as good as this, she didn't deserve for it to get destroyed, but it was bound to happen. The tears were inevitable.

Turning the doorknob in a painful slow manner, she swung it wide enough to let herself inside.

"Anna!" Hoseok immediately pounced onto her like a crazy dog waiting for it's hooman to get back home from work.

It felt good to be in the arms of someone familiar and close to her heart, "Hey, Hobi."

"How are you feeling?" Hoseok pulled away and looked down at his best friend's dull face. He sighed poignantly and sat her on her bed.

"Not so great, I guess..." her voice trailed off, eyes fixed on her fingers that were fiddling against each other.

"Tell me, what happened?" He gently rubbed her forearm, giving her a warm sense of comfort.

She felt the back of her eyes prick as tears threatened to spill out, "Jungkook has changed, Hobi. He feels and sounds so different. I-I don't know why he'd ever say things like that to me..."

"What happened between the two of you, Ann?" Hoseok asked softly, trying his best not to trigger her tears to fall out. But he could already see her eyes glistening with the colourless liquid.

Anna told him everything, about his cold behaviour around Taehyung. Her visits to the gallery with Taehyung. The rising jealousy. And finally... the accusation.

"What the-!" Hoseok gasped, eyes growing wide with genuine shock, "Jungkook is a fucking dumbass! I can't believe the fact that he believed that you'd ever cheat on him."

The stream of tears seemed nonstop.

A headache was making its way as more and more tears spilt out, "Yeah... I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys any sooner. I just needed some time to figure this out myself."

"Hey." Hoseok cupped her face and turned her towards him, wiping of her cheeks, "I understand, okay? And I'm sorry that I didn't see you any sooner. I didn't think the issue was this bad."

"It's okay. I'm happy that you're here now." Anna smiled, sniffling back her runny nose. She wrapped her arms around Hoseok's waist loosely and rested her head on his shoulder, "Thank you for visiting me."

Hoseok placed a soft kiss on top of Anna's head and hugged her back, fingers brushing her hair.

"Where's Sara, by the way? It feels like I haven't seen her for years." Anna chuckled a bit.

"Um... she's out of town, Ann."

Anna pulled away from the hug when she felt a hesitant tone underlying his words, "Why?"

Hoseok bit his inner cheek, not knowing how to break the new to Anna.

"Ann..." he gulped, making Anna's nerves turn jittery, "Granny passed away."