XL

CHAPTER FORTY

CHAPTER FORTY

"No fucking WAY! ANNABETH!" Sara screamed from the other side. It took Anna a moment to figure out if her best friend was happy or having a seizure, "I'm so happy for you guys! I-"

"Don't be so happy, yet." Anna cut her off, "This isn't a happy ending if I don't come out of this alive."

She chuckled to make the topic light, but she knew that it might not be considered a joke. Her life wasn't a joke, at least not to her best friend who lived every single day wondering when she might lose her soul sister.

"You WILL have a happy ending and I'll make sure of it, so shut up and don't talk like that again!" Sara scoffed, shaking her head in disapproval, "And besides, we're yet to find the third immortal. That person could be the killer for all we kn-"

"Actually... I might've forgotten to tell you something." Anna pursed her lips, "I found the third immortal..."

"YOU WHAT!"

Annabeth explained everything that had happened so far with Yoongi.

"Well, I'm sorta happy and sad about it." Sara sighed.

"What? Why?"

"Happy because he isn't the killer and sad 'cause... he isn't the killer!" Sara rubbed her eyes, "It would've been so much easier if he was the killer. We could've caught him easily. But now... we're back to square one."

"It's okay, Sara... we still have time! Don't you worry!"

Sara nodded and let out a big yawn, arms stretching above her head, "I'm gonna hit the hay, I'm too tired."

"Sure! Bye bye, Sara! I love you~!" Anna sang.

"I love you too~!" Sara sang back.

Anna stood up and stretched once the screen turned black. She walked out of her room to look for food. But she paused when she heard the clicking of the door.

Taehyung's home.

Oh, God! TAEHYUNG'S HOME!

When she was about to turn to greet him, she saw the tall figure leaning against the wall with a smirk on his face, "Hey, Darling!"

"H-hey..."

"Looks like I finally have you all to myself."

"Ji-Jimin left?" Anna stuttered as Taehyung took slow and steady steps towards her like a cat.

"Mhmm." He purred. His fingertips brushed down from her cheekbones to her jawline, setting her skin ablaze.

"T-Tae..." she said breathlessly, trying her best not to let out a moan and escalate the situation.