XXVIII

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Taehyung could see Anna from the corner of his eye interacting with the stranger. He was much taller than Taehyung and he looked well-mannered from the way he dressed and styled his hair.

Seeing Anna laughing along with him somehow stung Taehyung's heart, but he was glad that he could finally see her smile.

Soon, the professor walked in and began with the introductory lecture.

"Oh, I almost forget to mention! My friends and I are having a small party in our frat house. It would be great if you could join us." Namjoon smiled sheepishly, scratching the nape of his neck.

I guess I can get to experience a normal student life after all.

Looking at Anna in thought, Namjoon interrupted her, "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"Oh, no. I'd love to join you!" Anna's eyes creased as she smiled at her new friend.

"Awesome! I'll pick you up at 6, is that okay?"

Anna nodded, "Thank you. I'm keen!"

"Me too! So I'll see you later!" Namjoon walked backwards as he waved her goodbye.

After a long shower, Anna wrapped a bath robe around herself and opened her little closet to check for any party clothes she had. Unfortunately, the only piece of clothing close to party wear was a silk shirt and a pair of denim shorts.

While packing her clothes back at home, she would've never guessed that she would be invited to a frat house party, especially by a handsome guy who's offer she couldn't decline.

She slipped into the cheetah-print silk shirt, buttoning it up while leaving the first three buttons open. She pulled down the collar down her shoulder and tucked in the shirt into her denim shorts.

Her outfit felt a bit too scandalous and revealing in her opinion, but she felt sexy and confident in it. It wasn't her usual style, but she felt good to step out of her comfort zone.

After doing her hair wavy, and accessorising herself with gold hoops and the dainty necklace that she had gotten for her 18th birthday, she took one last look in the mirror before stepping out of her room.

Her eyes immediately fell upon Taehyung who was sprawled across the couch, oblivious to Anna's evening plans.

He turned around when he heard the unexpected sound of heels clicking against the floor. No matter how nonchalant and unbothered he wanted to pretend around Anna, his brows couldn't help but jump when he saw her dressed up in an unusual sense of style that wasn't her type. But he couldn't deny the fact that his heart was pounding against his chest seeing her like that, "Are you going somewhere?"