XLIII

This chapter will be in Annabeth's POV

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

Hobi had gone out to buy us some food from the place where we used to hang out back in high school. Just remembering those memories made me realise that I was no longer a school girl. I was a 19-year-old University student!

"So, how has New York been treating you, bish?" Sara crossed one leg over the other and looked at me with a mischievous grin on her face.

"You know everything, Sara!" I chuckled to which she nodded in agreement, "By the way... I went see Jungkook..."

I saw Sara freeze in her spot when I mentioned his name.

"No one opened the door though."

"Umm... Ann. There's something I need to tell you... it's- it's really important." Sara bit her lips and breathed out deeply through her nose, closing her eyes, "Jungkook... is in the hospital."

"WHAT!"

After hearing Sara, I didn't wait any longer. I demanded her to take me to the hospital.

She told me everything on our way to the hospital, that Jungkook was admitted there because he was found unconscious in his bedroom a week ago. And I was only getting to know about it now.

I was now waiting for the visiting hours, only a couple minutes left till I saw Jungkook. I couldn't believe that Sara and Hobi hid such a big thing from me. I felt like the world's most horrible friend for not knowing about Jungkook's condition.

I broke out of my thoughts when the nurse announced that I could meet him. I quickly pushed myself off the bench and walked in with Sara by my side.

My heart stung and my breath got caught in my throat when I looked at Jungkook. No, this wasn't the Jungkook I knew. He looked like he had lost all his toned muscles, his cheeks were sunken and his eyes were like ice - cold and vacant.

Without realising, tears had already escaped my eyes and I couldn't stop them, "J-Jungkook?"

His lifeless eyes met mine and I shivered, "Annabeth."

His tone stabbed me like a large icicle in my chest.

"Why are you here?" He growled, "You shouldn't be here!"

I exchanged mortified looks with Sara, and she seemed just as clueless as I was.

"What do you mean, koo-"