XII

CHAPTER TWELVE

Anna pulled away from the hug and took a few steps back, "Thank you for checking up on me."

"It's not a problem." Taehyung smiled and tucked his hands into his pockets, "Fancy outfit, by the way."

Anna looked down at his fuzzy robe and poop shaped slippers and felt blood rush to her face, "Your fault for showing up at this time." She scoffed and folded her arms across her chest as Taehyung eyed her with amusement.

"I'll get going. I have a class to teach tomorrow." Taehyung straightened himself.

All of a sudden, Anna felt sad that she no longer will be in his company. She wanted to stall so she wouldn't have to get back in bed and cry over her broken heart, "Um, do you want anything to drink?"

"Uhh... no?" His eyebrows knitted.

"Water, maybe?"

"Uh..." Taehyung was confused. He didn't know why she was trying to invite him in, but he was happy that she was trying, "Sure?"

"Cool!" Anna gave him her brightest smile, turning around and walking to the porch. She was about to pull out a key from her pocket, but her pockets were empty except for a few empty chocolate wrappers, "Fuck!"

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked from behind, eyes bouncing between the door and Anna's back.

"I forgot to take the house keys... and now I've locked myself out." Anna slammed her face with her palm, "I'm so stupid!"

"Isn't anyone home?"

"My parents." She sighed in defeat.

"Can't you just call them?"

"WHAT! No!" She whisper-shouted at Taehyung oblivious ass, "Do you think they'll spare me if they knew I'm meeting my art TEACHER at 3 IN THE MORNING?"

"Okay, okay, calm down, Rambo!" Taehyung shook his head, "Come home with me."

"What?"

"Come home with me."

"No way!" Anna protested.

"I'm not going to let you spend your night out here in the cold, okay?"

Anna finally let of a groan in defeat and agreed, "Fine! Let's go!"

"This is your house?" Anna gasped once Taehyung turned the lights on to his place.

"Yup, home sweet home." He sang, throwing his coat on the nearest couch.

"Are you sure you're just an art teacher and not some underworld mafia leader?" Anna marvelled at his place with starry eyes and mouth hanging low.

"Nope, just an art teacher."

Taehyung could afford such a luxurious home because all he did was work and save money for the past 132 years.

Anna walked over to the couch and bounced a few times on it before sitting, still star struck regarding his home, "You have a good taste in houses, Taehyung."

"Why, thank you!" Taehyung took a seat across her, "Ugh, it's 4 already! I'll have to wake up in two hours again."

"You didn't have to stop by, you know?"

"I know." He gave her a warm smile, "But I wanted to."

Anna smiled back, "You should sleep."

"I will, but let me first show you your room."

The sleep Anna had at Taehyung's place was the best one she probably had in her whole life. Sinking into the comforts of the numerous pillows and fluffy covers was the best feeling ever. In simple words, this single nap made up for all those sleepless nights and she felt amazing about it.

She threw the blanket aside and slipped her feet into her poop-shaped slippers hastily, making her way to the guest bathroom.

Taehyung must've left already, she wondered.

She open the cabinet below the sink and rummaged through it until she found a sealed toothbrush, "Awesome!"

To say that she was feeling peachy was an understatement.

The miracles a good night sleep could do to you.

She took a deep breath in and smiled, hoping that today was going to be just as amazing! She squeezed the toothpaste onto her brush and began scrubbing her teeth. She cared a lot about her oral hygiene, hence taking about 10 minutes to thoroughly clean her mouth.

The large, luxurious bathroom lured her into taking a shower, but there was no point since she would have to wear the same clothes.

She internally cried looking at the square-shaped shower head that she'd see in advertisements, not having to test if the fantasies they showed on tv was true or not.

I'll be back for you, shower head! I promise!

She hit her head thinking how stupid it was to talk to a shower head and walked out of the room. As she danced down the stairs, she noticed that no one was home, just like she had guessed.

How am I going to get home?

Her worried thought was interrupted by a storm of a rumble in her stomach, craving for attention to be fed. She tossed her worries aside and made her way to the kitchen, soon raiding the large, double-doored fridge.

"Oh!" A new voice broke the morning silence, that sounded quite familiar but couldn't put her finger on it, "You're awake."

Anna yeeted herself into the fridge at the sudden intrusion, "Fuck!"

She put her palms on her chest, clenching onto her pounding heart. Her wide eyes met with those of the silver-haired boy she had met a few nights ago. He chuckled mindlessly, eyes turned into little crescents as his head fell back, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"J-Jimin, right?" Anna relaxed, her shoulders visibly sinking.

"Yep!" Jimin wiped the tears from the corner of his eyes, lips still apart with a highly amused smile, "That's me."

He plopped himself on the kitchen counter, grabbing an apple from the nearby fruit bowl and chomping into it, "Are you looking for breakfast?"

Anna chuckled awkwardly while tucking her hair behind her ear, "Yeah...?" She didn't mean for it, but her reply sounded more like a question.

Jimin chuckled again at the awkward girl and jumped off the island, walking to the fridge, "Take a seat. I'll cook-"

"No, please. Don't bother yourself."

Jimin closed the door of the refrigerator and pouted, more like in thought, "We don't store ready-made food, Anna. Sit down, and let me cook for you, okay? And don't worry about the taste. I've been doing this for many years."

Anna started to warm up to his friendly personality. She nodded her head slightly and took a seat on a stool, "You sound like a person who's been living for over a century." She chuckled lightly.

If only you knew, Annabeth.