XLII

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

"Who would've wanted to hurt Yoongi...?" Anna mumbled, more to herself, but Taehyung heard her.

His arms tightened slightly around Anna's waist.

"I mean, all these days, he was fine. Why would anyone want to suddenly kill him?" Anna sighed, "It's weird, don't you think?"

Taehyung blankly looked at her while his mind was deep in thought.

"Do you think... someone found out he was an immortal? I mean, that's kind of impossible because if that were the case... he'd be dead a long time ago. But... I don't know." Anna laid her head on his chest and listened to his steady heartbeat, "Do you think someone knows other than us?"

"I only told-" Taehyung cut himself off and his eyes grew wide.

Jimin...

No, I can't be him... but the timing is too coincidental. Is... is it him? No, no. It's not. What does he get by hurting Yoongi?

Unless...

"Tae?" Anna looked up at him, "What's wrong?"

He quickly cleared his throat, "N-Nothing." He managed a smile.

Anna shrugged and laid back on his chest, drawing circles on his collarbone while Taehyung was lost in thought.

The only way he could confirm his friend's innocence was by asking Yoongi. But Yoongi was stuck in a state of unconsciousness for almost a week.

"Hey! We have mid-sem break next week!" Anna exclaimed and almost punched Taehyung in the gut when she sat up, "What should we do?"

Taehyung propped himself up on his elbows and sighed, "Is there something you want to do, love?"

Anna hummed as she thought, "Would you like to go out of town?"

Taehyung eyes brightened, "Mhmm, good idea. Just you and I. No one else, no disturbances."

He quickly pecked Anna's lips and fell back onto the mattress, "Come here, you." He held Anna's hand and pulled her against him as he heard her yelp.

"Let's go to a country-side. We could go to wineries and landscape painting dates."

"I'd love that!" Anna kissed Taehyung's cheek and smiled brightly, "We could also go to farms and make some animal friends!"

Taehyung chuckled and hugged her tightly, "You're so adorable!"

"You!"

A month had passed by and finally the holidays rolled over.

Anna and Taehyung were busy packing their luggage after the last day of the term. Anna finally was going meet her family and friends after almost four months and to say that she was excited was an understatement. And the best part was that they didn't even know that she was going to visit them in a matter of hours.

And about Taehyung, Anna forced him to come along, saying that she wanted her parents to meet him. In the past, Taehyung was never liked by Addleyn's and Armelle's parents, so he was pretty afraid to meet Anna's parents. But Anna reassured him that her parents were the sweetest people he'll ever get to meet and that they will absolutely love the hell out of Taehyung for his mannerism and charm.

Aside from this fear, Taehyung had a deeper and darker fear that was brewing inside him.

It was when Yoongi finally woke up from his long slumber. When Taehyung asked about the person who attacked Yoongi, Yoongi said that he didn't know the name but went on to describe the appearance of the mystery man.

Every point resembled Jimin. Every single one of it. But Taehyung wasn't ready to accept it.

Maybe it was all a coincidence?

This was always stuck in the back of his mind, and he knew he had to share this knowledge with Anna. But he couldn't. He believed his friend could never do such a thing. He knew he would never do such a thing.

Anna and Taehyung's relationship was a smooth sailing ship for the past month.

Their skin ship never was more than sweet kisses and cuddles, since Anna still wasn't ready to take things to the next level. While Taehyung on the other hand was happy with every touch and kiss he could give Anna and waiting patiently till she wanted to go any further.

Over the last month, Taehyung and Yoongi has become really good friends. They'd often go out alone to the bar and share their memories of the past over drinks. Yoongi was slowly replacing Jimin's place and Taehyung didn't know if that was something to be happy about or not ever since Jimin abruptly left town right after Yoongi's attack.

"See! I told you they'd love you!" Anna clasped her hands together and smiled brightly, "It seems like they love you more than their own daughter!"

Taehyung sighed, "Why are you so adorable!"

He pulled her in for a quick kiss and Anna obliged. She wrapped her hands around his neck as his arms snakes around Anna's waist.

They pulled away but didn't let go of each other.

"It's gonna feel so weird to sleep without you tonight." Anna pouted.

"Mhmm.Well, you could always sneak out." Taehyung winked, "Remember that night during school? When you locked yourself out and had to go home with me?"

"Yeah... it's been almost a year since all of that." She rested her cheek against Taehyung's chest and sighed, releasing white smoke from her lips.

"It has." Taehyung smiled to himself.

"ANYWAY!" Anna pulled away, "Go home! I still have my friends to surprise."

"Wow, I'm hurt." Taehyung caught his chest dramatically and groaned in fake pain, "Your friends mean more to you than me?"

"Actually, ye-"

"Wait! No!" He held his hand out to stop Anna, "Don't answer that!"

"Surprise, surprise!" Anna sang, standing in the doorway of Sara's house. The said bestie stood frozen in her spot with eyes wide open and jaw dropped to the ground.

"Babe? Who's at the door?" Hobi's muffled voice could be heard from upstairs.

Shuffling steps against the stairs could be heard and soon Hoseok's face came into view. He looked at the door and soon, his posture resembled his girlfriend's, "A-Ann?"

"Finally, someone speaks up!" Anna sighed in exasperation and chuckled, "Hey, guys!"

"Oh, my god!" Sara cried and threw her arms around Anna, almost making her fall against the porch floor. Hoseok broke from his trance and threw himself at the girls as well but this time Anna wasn't strong enough to take the blow, forcing all of them to fall to the ground.

"Oh, Ann! We missed you!" Sara cried.

"Guys, get up... you're choking me to death."