XXXII

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Taehyung bent down a bit and scooped her legs off the floor and hurried to her bedroom, holding her close to his chest. He placed her gently on her bed and wiped off the beads of sweat that was beginning to litter Anna's face.

"Beth, tell me what's wrong?" Taehyung brushed Anna's sweat-glistening cheek and looked into her tearful eyes, worried.

"Cramps..." Anna curled herself into a ball, tightly wrapping her hands across her lower abdomen. Tears caused by the agonising stabs spilt out of her eyes, "It hurts..."

Taehyung immediately rushed out of Anna's room and prepared a hot bag for her.

He returned to see her still crouching in pain. He sat back down next to her and placed the hot bag on her lower abdomen. Seeing Anna's crinkled face returning to relaxation, Taehyung sighed in relief. He gently pressed the bag against her with one hand and wiped her tears with the other, "Shh... I got you. I got you, Beth." He whispered to her, lovingly.

Anna's tensed limbs finally began to relax as warmth spread across her body. But another wave of pain jolted her, making her hug the hot bag tightly to herself while letting out a whimper.

Taehyung couldn't bare to see her in pain. He moved closer and spooned her, "It's going to be alright." He whispered softly against the shell of her ear.

A few moments later, Anna's eye lids began to get heavy, drowning the pain she was feeling. She gave up and fell asleep soon, nudging her back into the comforting arms of Taehyung as her nostrils filled with the longing scent of his, "Thank you..."

"Armelle?"

"Mr Jeon!" Armelle bowed to her new master, "Good morning."

"Morning." Mr Jeon mumbled, still awestruck, "What brings you here? And why are you doing my bed?"

"Oh, forgive me, sir." Armelle chuckled, "I'll be your maid starting from today."

"Please take a seat, Armelle!" He ushered her towards the grand sofa placed near the two French doors that opened up to a balcony.

"No, no, Mr Jeon. I can't-"

"Please. I insist."

The dark, doe eyes made Armelle's heart weak and so she complied his request. Once she was seated, the tall male took a seat opposite to hers, "I didn't think that I'd see you again, Armelle. And I would also like to apologise for ruining your evening."

"Oh, no, please, sir. It is not your fault. I shouldn't have left like that. I deeply apologise for that."

Mr Jeon smiled brightly at the girl sitting before him. The birthmark below his lip became more prominent. His dark eyes creased mirthfully. He was beyond happy to finally meet the enigmatic, young lady who he had met only once and yet managed to get himself swept off his feet.

He smiled and smiled at the young woman who had mercilessly stolen his heart.

Anna's eyes opened to a dark room. Her curtains were closed and there was no trace of light. However, her drowsiness disappeared when she began to replay the incidents from earlier and how Taehyung took care of her. She looked around to see her bed empty, unlike the time she was cradled in Taehyung's arms while falling asleep.

Her nostrils were filled with the fragrance of chocolate and baking.

There was a slight pain persisting in her abdomen, but it wasn't unbearable. She got out of bed and slowly made her way to the kitchen.

She stopped at the threshold and examined Taehyung. He looked so determined as his concentrated eyes were fixed on his hands that whipped through the chocolate cream. It would be wrong to say that Anna didn't feel a butterfly fluttering in her tummy, relieving her from the pain momentarily.

"Hey." She whispered.

Taehyung looked up with doe eyes, probably because he couldn't believe the soft tone that he hadn't heard from her for months or because he was just caught off guard. But it was mostly the first one.

"Hey." Taehyung smiled, eyes turning to crescents and his lips parted into a boxy smile, "How are you feeling?"

Anna walked timidly towards the chair and sat down, a red hue blooming on her cheeks due to embarrassment, "Better now. Thanks to you, the hot bag worked well."

Taehyung smiled again, "It was the least I could do. But I'm glad it helped."

Anna smiled lightly, too.

It was a strange feeling that crept up on her after she spoke to Taehyung after so long. Peacefully, without any arguments, "I'm sorry." She mumbled, looking down at her fidgety fingers.

Taehyung was caught off-guard this time. He stopped cutting the brownie and turned around to face Anna, "What?"

"I'm sorry, for behaving like a child. I'm sorry for pushing you away." Anna pouted, staring into the abstract patterns of the marble counter.

She didn't get any response, but she heard the sound of a ceramic plate scraping against the marble top, eyes falling upon a little plate of brownie that oozed with chocolate sauce and a strawberry on top, "And this is my apology to you! Eat up."

Anna looked up to see his lips twisted in a graceful smile, "Thank you."

As soon as the chocolate touched her palate, she forgot the pain she felt earlier in her abdomen. It took her only a few seconds to gobble down the slice of brownie.

She stood up from the stool and walked over to the sink to clean up her plate, but Taehyung snatched it from her hand, "You, rest! I'll do the dishes!"

"But-"

"I'll do it." Taehyung nodded reassuringly.

"Okay..." Anna moved aside for Taehyung to clean up. She stared at his hands that scrubbed the plate with sponge. Once he was done, he placed it in the dish rack and wiped his hands with a hand towel.

"Umm, Taehyung?"

Taehyung turned around, still wiping his hands dry, "Hmm?"

"F-Friends...?" She offered her hand as a conciliatory gesture.

Taehyung froze, eyes wide. He couldn't believe the words that left Anna's lips.

Speaking of lips...

He moved closer and lifted his hand up to Anna's lips, ignoring her hand that was in the way.

Anna's heart began to pound against her chest as his thumb came in contact with her lips, gently brushing it and sending bolts of electricity surging through her veins.

He directed his hand back to his lips and sucked on the pad of his thumb, cleaning the chocolate sauce away.

"Hmm... I'd love to be friends, Beth."