14. OMAR.

OMAR'S POV

I was desperate. My patience was wearing off and I couldn't handle another "have Sabr talk" by grandma. It's all I've been getting for the past 8 years. I wanted my own company and I'm getting it no matter what it takes. Even if it meant Marrying this joke of a girl.

"The duties of a son never ends, even if the father no longer exists". That's what I was told ever since my father died 10 years ago. He was a very influential business man and was good at what he did. He made the business flourish before he left and me, being his son and only sole heir, was forced to take over the company. Business was not my thing. Infact I hated every single moment I spent studying it.

My passion lied else where. Architecture! Ever since I was a kid. Only my grandmother knew about it. She promised to support me to fulfil my dreams but on one condition. I needed to prove that I was responsible and capable. And how do you prove that if you may ask? Apparently according to her.... is, marriage. She had everything all planned out. "No other way out!" she said.

I've seen alot of girls and potentials but non of them interested me. They were too good. I need someone who wouldn't mind leaving me becouse I wasn't interested in marriage. I just wanted my own company. And as I said before, I'd do anything to get it. Unfortunately for me I couldn't find the right girl to help me out with my problems. Until I stumbled upon Ayah. She hates my guts. Nor could my wealth or good looks get to her. Unlike other girls who'd fall to my feet upon seeing me.

Ever since I met her, she's been nothing but annoying and rude. As fate would have it, I had to meet her several times. Non of them, good. I first met her at a friend's wedding one day. He wanted to introduce me to his wife's friend, who seemed decent aparrently. In the middle of talking to her I got a very urgent Business call. If I was planning to open my own company, I needed to keep a clean and impressive record, because this very business i disliked working at, would get me closer to my goal.

The little flea interrupted my call and I yelled at her which I ended up recieving a free soup bath. Yiyeks! I then met her again at the speed dating function. At first I couldn't tell if it was her, so I just sat by her, until she lifted her head and spoke to me. I decided to annoy her becouse the function was getting boring. But something about being in her presence made me fell so...I really don't know how to describe it. The girl was annoying for sure and her poor taste in style made me shiver with disgust. But I found myself wanting to be close to her all the time.

Fate wasn't done with me yet. My cousin Waseem found a match before me and I got a bit jealous. How could he get a bride before I did. I was way welthier and more good looking. To my surprise the girl's sister happened to be the same girl I've been running into lately. I annoyed her again. She seem to be at the right place when my mood was low and I was bored. Teasing and annoying her always made my day. I then decided to continue the fun in a date.

By now the Board members were after my neck with threats about the company. I needed to quit soon. I needed to find a wife quickly and I was running out of time. Then an ideas struck me.

Ayah!

Even if I married her it would be easy to devorce her and continue with my freedom after I get my own Architectural company. She hated me and something tells me we stood together on the whole 'marriage is nonsense' view. Probably the only thing we had in common.

By now I knew a simple proposal wouldn't be ideal. She'd reject me without even giving it a thought. I needed to come up with a creative way to get her to agree to marry me. I saw how she adored Zayda and Waseem and decided to use her sister to my advantage. And as I thought, the plan worked successfully. Now I was engaged to the little scank and had hope for my dreams. I decided to tell her the reason for this stupidity. I felt she needed to know.

"Ehm" I cleared my throat trying to get her attention. She looked sad and was staring at her sister and Waseem. She looked lost in thought. I felt kinda bad for her.

"What!?" She snapped. Scratch that...I do not feel bad for her what so ever. She deserves this and needs to learn a lesson. Such a big mouth for such a small person.

"Nothing, I just figured you'd want to know the reason I pulled you into this."

" Please, enlighten me!" She said sarcastically.

"I need you..." I said battling with my words. Should I tell her or not?

"What?!" She gasped in Schock.

"I need you..."

It's true I did need her, but since my second plan here is to teach this stupid girl a lesson, she's gonna have to wait. I'm gonna have fun during these harsh times. I mean a year is a longtime to be married to someone you hated. Hopefully I'd have my own Architectural company by then.

"...to stop staring at them so weirdly you creep. It's creepy even for them." I continued.

"I hate you!" She grunted marching back into the house. Oh I'm going to enjoy being married to her. Her reactions are priceless.

We had supper at her house together with our families. The table was super loud and annoying as they all laughed and taked about cheerfully. After super we went back home.

2 months until the wedding and 12 more months after that. Phew, alot of sacrifices, but it will all be worth it at the end.

I hope!

________________________________________________

Sabr- patience

Ramadhan Mubarak to all. Have a blessed month and stay safe.😘😊