37: ERUPTED

It's been a week since Omar's grandma's passing. He was as still and as calm as ever. Well I couldn't quite tell what was going on becouse he was extremely kind to me. He let me shower first even after I refused. I thought he planned a plank on me at first but he was just generally being nice. He spoke less and was always In his study and only came out for coffee. If anything he was more focused on his work.

His hair was slowly loosing it's shade but the bleach remained. He convered it up with various hats but the Turbin did the most work. He looked nice in it actually. Like another Waseem. But not quite alike.

I was in the kitchen making dinner when Omar passed me to go to the bedroom. He stopped infront of grandma's old room and got in. He stayed there for a while. He must be missing her. I felt bad for him, so I decided to try and cheer him up.

I put the stove off, grabbed an ice-cream tub from the fridge and two spins from the drawers. After that I joined Omar in the room. It was dark and only lit by the full moon shining though the window. Omar just sat at the foot of her bed and stared ahead of him emotionlessly. I walked up to him and sat next to him.

"Ice-cream!" I finally mastered the courage to offer him. He just looked at me, then the tub in my lap and then continued to stare ahead.

"You said it yourself, it's a mood booster....it's vanilla mixed with chocolate and cookies." he looked at me.

"Just a bite?" I opened the lid and gave him one spoon.

He looked at the ice-cream and took the spoon from me. I smiled as he took a spoon full and ate it.

"Nice huh!" I said and he nodded his head going for a second scoop.

We sat there in silence until the tub was almost empty. It wasn't that big, but I wondered whether we would even eat dinner tonight or just end up with a stomach ache. But the composition was delicious. I could tell by the way Omar licked the spoon.

"How do you feel?" I asked closing the empty tub and taking the spoon from him.

"Better" he smiled.

I smiled as I stood up only to be pulled back next to him.

"Sit for a while." he said softly.

I sat and put the tub on the floor.
After a short moment of silence Omar began to speak.

"It was late that night when my father left us. My mom was stubborn about it all and decided to leave Bisma and I. She said she would be lonely and wanted to remarry. After a week or so she found a husband, but only took Bisma with her.  Apperentky I was too old according to the guy. Grandma took me in and continued to raise me as her own. We were very close and I loved her more that I would a mother..."

He shifted a bit in his spot and looked at me for a moment. The he continued while lowering his head to rest on my lap ,putting his feel up on the bed. He was laying in a fetal position. I felt sympathy for him and understood emmdietly what he was feeling all these days.

Emptyness!

All these days while he was trying to be kind to me and all that, he was feeling empty and lonely. The only person that ever understood him and loved him dearly had left him and she took a piece of his heart with him. My heart sank. I felt bad for all the bad things I did to him instantly. This was seriouse and this was sad. I hated seeing him this way. Infact I almost cried at his pain. Since he was unable to do so. I would gladly cry for his sake.

"And one time we got in the wrong car mistakenly for an uber, but it was someone's car, she go out and hit my head pretending to be blind and that I led her wrongly..." He laughed as he told me the happy moments with his grandma.

I laced my fingers through his light pink hair and smiled. Pink looked good on him actually. I don't regret that. I joined in his laughter as he continued with the stories.

________________________________________________