21: QUBOOL HAI?

"Qubool Hai" his thunderous voice echoed through the room.

What? He's here and he's agreed to marry me. I froze In shock. What do I do? Where are the exits? I was panicking.

My mother tapped my arm and i turned to her confused.

"Say Qubool Hai dear!" She said excitedly and almost in a scold. for a moment I forgot where I was and what was happening around me.

So I heed to my mom's instructions.

"Qubool Hai?" I hasitated.

What... what did I just say. This can't be. I just agreed to marry Omar! No. Scratch that. I just married Omar! Yaa Allah!

The room filled with praises to Allah as everyone rejoiced and hugged one another. They began to sing salawaat as they hugged and kissed Zayda and I. We were married. I was married...and that too to Omar. The man I hated with all my guts and the man that my best friend loved. I drowned in sorrow.

I felt like bursting into tears as a lump formed in my throat and my chest tightened. I could bearly breath, mostly because of the tight hugs I was being given by the aunties.

Suddenly Waseem and Omar showed up dressed in white kurtas and waistcoats. Waseem black and Omar navy blue. They looked good. They moved pass Zayda and I and stood before us to make sajda-tul-shukr. Waseem led us and Zayda, Omar and I followed him. I could hear the aunties going insane in the back ground aswell as the camera shutters.

After the sajdah the guys turned to us and helped us up. My hand trembled as Omar held it and pulled me up gently. It was time to lift the veils. Waseem held the end of Zayda's veil and softly pulled it over to the back of her head. She smiled at him lovingly. Her smile grew wider as he kissed her forehead and hugged her. The crowd went bazurk. I did too inside, I won't lie. They looked perfectly in love. I adored them. A tear fell down my eye. Sucks to be me right now.

It was my turn. Omar carefully did the same as Waseem with the Vail as I kept staring at the ground. Someone yelled that I should lift up my head. I'm sure I was a difficult bride by now and everyone hated me. Even I, hated me right now. Why didn't I just run.

I looked up and met his hazel eyes. He had a weird look on his face that I couldn't make out. It didn't look like the one from the last time I saw him either. He looked different.

Omar leaned lower and wrapped his arms around me then pulled away quickly. Everybody awwed. I'm glad they're enjoying this coz I ain't.

After the pictures we went to change into our wedding dresses. This time we changed in my room. After magrib, we were driven to the masjid hall. We will perform Eshai after the walima.

The place looked magnificent with it's royal blue, lime green and white decor. We decided to go with that instead of pink and cream. They placed two, 2 teared cakes one decorated in green and one royal blue. They looked beautifully place besides the two large white couches for the bride's and grooms. Although I hated this wedding, it's decor made me feel special. Just like how I imagined it would be. It was perfect.

The function went on for 2 hours with emotional speeches, eating, photos and gifts. It was the wedding of the mallenia...I could care less. I hated every inch of this. Finally it was time to go. Wait...I'm not going home am I. Infact I'm spending the night with Omar. That thought made me throw up a bit in my mouth. If only the thought of one night with him made me feel that way, what about the rest of my life. I was doomed!

Omar and I got in one car and Waseem and Zayda in another. By the way Zayda's car followed us it seems we were going to the same place. We pulled up infront of an apartment complex.

"Welcome home!" Omar said before opening my door. Who's idea was it to live in an apartment after our wedding. Waseem and Zayda trailed behind us and together we went up via the elevator to the 3rd floor.

Well atleast my sister will be near me. I can go to her whenever I wanted. And something tells me that the visits will be often.

I hate my life!

________________________________________________

sajda-tul-shukr- prostration of gratitude