39: GAME PLAN!

OMAR'S POV

I told her everything. From my company being a complete failure to the issues with the partners at work. I was emptied of all I've kept brewing within me for so long . Only my grandma knew of such things and I only felt comfortable talking about it with her alone. Until Ayah that is. I felt like an idiot after emptying my heart's ache on her. A bit guilty actually. She was forced to be stuck in this with me.

The board had went and brocken me once again. Even after reaching their ultumatums they increased the deal to 50%. How can I make 50% more sales and profit in a span of 6 months. One thing was for sure, my father's company was not as it used to be. The workers were exhausted from all those extra hours and I wasn't prepared to ask them for more. We all needed to get rid of this game for sure. But how?

"We'll find a way Insha Allah. As I see the entire family was given apart of the business in terms of shared right. You said your sister has e you yours and the remaining was kept by grandma. Why don't you read her will and see who she gave it to?" She said brilliantly.

I reached for the the envelope the lawyer gave me which consists her will but never mastered the courage to open it. Until now. Turns out that grandma had 50% ownership of the business.

"So this is what she meant when she said she'd help me." I said impressed.

"Continue reading, let's see who the shares were given to" Ayah said leaning in to read with me.

We read the entire will twice again together just to be sure.

"Who's is your responsibility, Omar?" She suddenly asked.

"I don't know, why are you asking?"

"The person who inherited her shares is your responsibility. That's what she said in the will."

"I don't have any...maybe she meant something else. Is this like some riddle?"

"I think so. Did she ever tell you anything about your responsibilities...or her diary. Did she keep one?"

I shook my head. I thought for a while about the clue ayah gave me. Responsibility? I heard her say something about that. Infact that's the reason she got me to marry Ayah. To prove my responsibility.

"Marriage?!" I gasped looking at Ayah.

"Ofcouse! So your marriage inherited the shares. Could be you, after marriage or maybe your wife or kids. We need to dig deeper into this. Good going Omar!" She said excitedly. How is she even doing this. She's like a detective on a mission. Sorely to help me get what I've always dreamt of.

"But how will this help anyways? Where are you going with this?"

"Well if you have the shares, you will have more power over the board and you'll be able to make all the decisions. It will be like 80% that's basically like almost full ownership of the company." she said happily.

How come I've never noticed how smart she was. That empty head of her's might not be useless after all. Interesting.

"So what will happen if we can't prove that I or my responsibility inherited the shared." I asked her.

"Well we can always find a share holder."

"But even if we presented a figure they can still deny it. It's impossible Ayah."

"Nothing is impossible Omar, come one give me all the contracts and papers. I will read through them all and we'll find a solution together." I loved her determination.

She was so eager to help and even willing to take up her free time to fix this. But I couldn't help but be filled with hope as she presented this idea.

So when grandma said she wanted to help me out, this is what she meant. She held all the power to the company. Hence the 'prove your responsibility' thing. She was smart. I miss her so much.

"Ok. But I'll help with the reading" I said.

"Deal. Now let's go for dinmer. It's getting cold " she said walking to the door.

"Ayah!"

"Yes?"

"Thanks you, for everything." I said staring into her eyes that shimmered genuinely.

"Let's go eat!" She said smiling. My smile grew wider. Ayah! (Sigh)

________________________________________________

AN. Yeaaah I don't know where I was going with this. I don't know anything about business. I was a science geek. But thanks for reading. Enjoy the rest of your day🤗😊