27: PLAYING DOCTOR.

OMAR'S POV

Ayah was pretty much unconscious and her body looked numb and was extremely hot. Temperature wise. I packed her clothes in a spare bag i found, as her mother tried to dress her. She was like a little baby again. Oh I'm going to tease her for this. I wish I could get pictures. I couldn't help but stare at her long brunette hair as her mother slipped an abaya over her PJs. Her hair was in a Beenie before, and I was mesmerised as it fell perfectly down her back.

Snap out of it Omar! You despise this girl remember?

After her mother wrapped a scarf around her head she shot up, awake.

"Mom?"

"You're going home dear, you husband is here to take you."

"Husband?" She looked behind her mother where I was standing and her eyes shot open in fear.

"No, I'm not going anywhere!" She tried to say in her sickly blocked voice.

"Come, you're ready. Let's go" her mother helped her up, but she kept shaking her head and looking at me in fear. Was she afraid of me? Did I scare her? I became worried.

Somehow her mother managed to get her to my car and into the passenger seat. She was still mumbling that she didn't want to go with me, but as soon as she sat down she was knocked out cold. Mahn she must have gotten it bad. I threw her things in the back seat and got in the car. My first stop was the pharmacy. I needed to get her as much tablets as possible. She needs to get better and I'm going to help her.

I got back from the pharmacist and as soon as I sat back in the car she shot up again and mumbled an "I hate you." Silently before drifting off to sleep again. It's funny coz she seemed to be awake the whole time but still asleep. It's like she was aware of everything.

As soon as we arrived home, I took the bag and tablets up then came back for her. She was still fast asleep. I opened her door and unbuckled her seatbelt. She fell right in my arms lifelessly. I turned around carefully and placed her on my back. Good thing she wasn't heavy. Infact she seemed weightless but I felt her on my back. I then closed the door with my foot and took the elevator to our apartment.

When we got in, she shot up again awake and fought to get of my back.

"Stay still, would you?" I yelled but she jumped off and landed on the floor. Before I could help her up, she pushed herself up and swatted my hand away. She then tried to walk to the couch in the living room while holding on to the wall.

"No Ayah, not there. You're sleeping in my room. I mean our room." I tried to help her in our room but she yanked her arm away.

"No! It's your room. Take it I don't want it"

"Ayah don't be stubborn, you're not well!"

She just shook her head and landed on the couch. She was so annoying. Well two can play that game.

I marched up to her and scooped her right from the couch. She tried squirming out of my hands, but I managed to get her in the room and placed her gently on the bed. She tried to fight her way out of bed but I fought her in and wrapped a blanket over her.

"Stop. Being. Difficult!" I yelled.

She was giving me a headache. After I said that. She fell back and was knocked out. Cold. Instantly. I wonder how she got so sick. Phew!

*****

She's been sick for 2 days now and I took her place on the couch. I didn't want to get sick plus I didn't want to make her uncomfortable by sleeping next to her. It was a task enough to get her to eat, take tablets, go shower and change her clothes all on her own. So I didn't want to make things tougher by taking away her peaceful sleep. Zayda came by to help at times, but I had to take care of her myself. I felt better that way.

It was Monday morning and I needed to get ready for work. She was still asleep so I took the liberty to get ready for work. My back and neck were hurting pretty badly and I didn't feel like going, but I had to. As soon as I got out of the apartment, I got a call.

"What!?" I froze as soon as the person on the other side told me the news.

This can't be happening!

________________________________________________