23. BREAKFAST FOR FOUR.

OMAR'S POV

I woke up to continuous knocks on the door. I forced my tired self our of bed while rubbing my eyes. When did I even fall asleep last night? After opening the door of my bedroom I noticed Ayah still in her wedding dress, asleep on the couch and her things resting on the coffee table. She looked peaceful when she sleeps. Like a little angel. It's quite redundant actually. A devil that sleept like an angel. Hump!

Another knock pulled me out of my thougts. I walked to the door and peeked at the little whole to see who it was. It's Waseem and Zayda! What do they want, and that too at this hour? I rushed to Ayah and grabbed her things from the coffee table while trying to wake her up.

"Ayah get up!" I whisper yelled. She just groans making herself smaller on the couch for warmth. It wasn't that cold out. Infact it was sunny. She's such a baby. I ran to the room and threw her stuff in it without looking where it landed. Then I went back to Ayah.

"Get up sleepy head, your sister and brother-in-law are here!" I yelled a bit louder.

She finally fluttered her eyes open and looked at me confused. I stared at her morning face. It was kinda pretty. Knock it off Omar, you'll be caught becouse of her.

"Get up and go to the room now!" I ordered.

"No way, I was locked out remember." she said going back to sleep.

"But Waseem and Zayda..."

"Let them see. This marriage is a joke anyway, what's there to hide." I swear she picks the right time and words to work on my nerves.

Without hesitation I scooped her up from the couch and carried her bridal style to my room. That's right, my room! And I ain't sharing. Atleast not in this moment. I threw her on the bed.

"Heeeey..." She threanet to get up.

"Listen here, if your sister finds out about this joke of a marriage I won't hasitate to murder you. And I'm well capable of doing it. Now lie down and pretend to sleep!" she looked at me like I was crazy, then obidiently lowered her upper body on the bed pretending to sleep. Good girl. I covered her with my blanket before going out to open the door.

"What's kept you in this morning bro!" Waseem greeted excitedly.

"Wa'laukum salaam to you too." I said pulling away from his hug.

"Assalaam alaykum Zayda, she's in the room." I told Zayda, who greeted me sweetly then went to find Ayah.

"What's brought you here so early cuz, you bored with her already?" I teased Waseem.

"No bro, my wife missed her sister and was wondering if we could have breakfast together." Waseem said happily. How can he say those words effortlessly without cringing. I shudder at the mention of it. "My wife!" eek!

After a while of talking. Zayda and Ayah walked out of the room with Ayah all dressed up. There was a huge smile on her face as she laughed and talked to her sister without a care. She looked innocent and precious, she looked pretty. My lips curved up at the sight. Ayah was a beautiful woman, I can't like. But she never looked more beautiful.

Waseem cut my thoughts by nudging my arm and wiggling his eyebrows, with a stupid smile on his face.

"I'm going to get dressed." I jumped up and marched into my room to get dressed.

*****

Breakfast was good followed by a relaxing walk around our new negbourhood. Although Ayah was crazy in the head, she really had good taste. By the way she looked curiously around, something told me she had no idea she chose this place. I mean she just nodded at the suggestion, during one session of her moods. The place was beautiful.

After the walk we joined in Waseem and Zayda's room to make thuhr then head off back to our apartment where Ayah laid on the couch and instantly fell asleep. She must have been tired, and so was I. So I decided to do the same. But in mY room.

________________________________________________