31: THE BEST THING?

After parking the car I marched up to her and grabbed her hand.

"Omar!" She gasped. I smirked at her then turned to her friend.

"I'm sorry to always do this to you, but we got important things to do, if you don't mind." I said nicely.

"No, go right ahead. She is yOuR wife afterall." she said sarcastically. I could sense the tension between the two girls. I wonder what that's all about.

"Let's go!" I pulled Ayah with me into the building as she kept calling after Nadeema and trying to get out of my grip. I held her wrist tighter.

*****

AYAH'S POV

"So she can't quit!" He shouted hitting her glass table.

I swear it almost broke, and I jolted up in fear. Omar was an aggressive guy, but mahn he can be angry.

"No Mr Qadri. She signed a contract." Hamidah said almost shaking in fear.

I felt bad for her, even more for me. Imagine I have to go home with this guy while his temper is that high. I knew I ticked him off after the call earlier, but I had important things to discuss with Nadeema. Nothing can get through to her. She's still very much furiouse with me. Nadeema and Omar are driving me Crazy.

"Yaa Allah!" he sounded rubbing his head to think.

"We can however give her a job to do elsewhere. Then she doesn't have to come to office everyday. Just for meetings and important work." Hamidah suggested after drinking a whole glass of water to calm down. Poor lady was stressed.

"But where?" I asked softly, trying not be apart of this fight. It was regarding me anyways. I needed to know what I'm being dragged into.

"My office!" Omar turned around with a smirk on his face. No way! Work with Omar? Seeing him 2 times a day was already so treacherous. what more a whole day of Omar. Him and his temper.

"No, I'll find a project that I can do elsewhere. It's not..."

"Great!" Hamidah excitedly said. "I've always wanted to work with your company Mr Qadri. And Ayah has the right skill for that task. I trust in that."

"No uh..." I stuttered.

"Perfect. Ayah you're re-decorating my office." Omar said. Then greeted Hamidah before walking out the door.

Wait what? I don't want to work for Omar. It's worser than a nightmare. It's hell. Ya rabbi please have mercy on me.

I marched behind Omar trying to get him to reason and back out of the deal. Nothing got to him. He just marched down the stairs, out the door to the car. As soon as I got out the door, I noticed Nadeema was still waiting outside. I walked up to her.

"You'll be late for class. Do you need a lift?" I offered.

"No thanks. My Uber is pulling up now."

Judt then, Omar grabbed my wrist again and pulled me to the car as I said goodbye to her. He threw me in the passenger seat.

"Ouch!" I yelled as I rubbed my red wrist. It hurt so bad. Omar is the devil. I hate him.

"Brace yourself, you're about to meet your in-laws." he laughed while driving away.

"I hate you Omar, why did you..."

"It's a long drive, I'd prefer it silent." he cut me off.

May he be struck by lightning.

*****

It was a long drive indeed. About 2 hours. How am I even going to get to school now. I know there is that online option, but I prefer my classes face to face. Oh and I forgot to congratulate myself for my new job with the brute. I hate my life.

We arrived just before magrib and our luggage and things were already being put in the house. Bisma and her husband greeted us. Bisma looked very far like she was about to pop any second. I was so excited for her. They lived about 20 minutes from here and came to help us settle in and also to take care of granny who was still sick in bed.

Bisma took me to her, after magrib and my heart sank. She looked so fragile and weak. I walked up to her side and held her hand. He eyes fluttered open and she gave me the sweetest but weakest smile I've ever seen.

"Assalaam alaykum grandma."

"Wa'laukum salaam Ayah. You look as radiant as ever." she said softly as I leaned in to kiss her cheeks.

"How are you?"

"Better now that you are here. I wanted to see you before I go. You're the best thing that's ever happened to my son and I'm very happy for him."

Omar is nothing like his family. I almost teared at her words. Although they might not be true, becouse it seem Omar and I were intangled in a nightmare. Her words brought me comfort. As long as someone is happy about it. I'm happy too.

We talked for a while. I made her some soup and fed her and helped her out with the bath. She had a nurse who did all these things, but she preferred I did it. She and I grew closer in just a few hours. More closer than I could ever be with Omar even over 1000 years.

But one thing she said stuck to me very deeply.

'you're the best thing that's ever happened to my son.'

________________________________________________