46: SURPRISES [ Last Chapter]

OMAR'S POV

After Waseem's phone call, Ayah and i got into my car and immediately drove to the hospital. Ayah was panicking and I tried to keep her calm. We arrived and rushed straight to the receptionist who led us to the ER where we met Waseem at the door with tears in his eyes.

"Waseem, what happened? Where's Zayda?" Ayah asked and her voice cracked at the end.

She was devastated. I held her tighter to my side.

"Zayda's giving birth!" Waseem said as a tears fell down his eyes and a huge smile plastered on his face.
Ayah breathed out like she was holding  her breath in, this whole time.

"Zayda!" She sighed looking at me. A smile grew on her face.

Before I turned to Waseem to congratulate him, Ayah began to breathe deeply as she fell backwards. Luckily I caught her before she hit the ground, but she was knocked out and laid  unconscious in my arms. I called for a doctor while carrying her in my arms.

"Doctor, please. Check her she just fell unconscious suddenly. "

"Sure thing come with me!" The Doctor said leading me to the nearby empty room. I laid her down gently on the bed. And now it was my turn to panick.

The doctor told me to leave the room. As soon as I got out Waseem came running to me excitedly while shouting praises to the almighty.

"Is the baby here!" I stopped him and asked.

"It's a girl, Omar...a beautiful baby girl!"

"Mabrook. bro. I'm so proud of you. Alhamdulillah!" I hugged and congratulated Waseem.

He got out of the embrace then ran back to Zayda after thanking me. I stood at the door of Ayah's room.

What could have happened to her all of a sudden? Was it the stress about my job? But that's all sorted and thanks to her. I hope she wakes up soon.

" Zayda just gave birth Ayah. Please be alright. Come see your neice. Yaa Rabbi let her be ok." I whispered in a prayer.

The doctor came out and aproached me.

"Your wife is awake sir." He said. I smiled in relief.

" Please join her I have something important to tell you both!" The doctor said as my smile faded.

I walked in the room and sat on the stool next to the very conscious Ayah. I hope she stays that way. I kissed her hand and held it tightly as the doctor began to speak.

"...you need to take care of yourself especially in this condition. It's very important you do that ..." The doctor rambled on. All I was just waiting to hear is that she's ok. But wait...

"Condition? What condition doctor?" I asked concerned. I hope everything is alright with Ayah. If anything happened to her, I wouldn't know what to do.

"Oh you don't know?" The doctor asked.

"Know what doctor?" Ayah asked hesitantly.

"Oh! Well in that case. Congratulations Mrs and Mrs Qadri...you're going to be parents!" He said cheerfully.

"What!?" I shouted excitedly looking at Ayah.

She looked bashful as a tear fell down her eye. I stood up and hugged her tightly.

"I'm gonna be a mom!" she sobbed in my ear.

"Well guess what!"

"What?"

"Your sister just beat you to it."

"Really, when!?"

"A few minutes ago. It's a beautiful baby girl."

"Doctor can I please go!" She said then the doctor nodded.

I helped her down the bed and to her sister. She was still a bit weak but her excitement to see her sister's baby gave her the energy she needed to get to her. She looked so happy.

Nothing mesmerised me more than seeing her holding baby Zaarah. Zaarah Anoosha Qadri. I could tell right then that she would make a good mother. She was going to be one, for crying out loud! The mother of my child. And many more to come, Insha Allah.
I smiled at the thought.

"You wanna hold her?" Ayah said coming towards me. My smile grew wider as I held Zaarah. She looked so pure and so sweet. Like a little angel. Reminds me of a certain little Angel I knew. I can't believe 9 months from now I'll be holding my own.

I leaned into Ayah and kissed her cheek sweetly. Life is wonderful as long as she's by my side. And I intend to keep it that way. Today. Tomorrow and forever more!

________________________________________________

AN: The next chapter will be the epilogue. I hope you liked reading this book. And thank you all for all your support. Luv you all.

So sad the book is coming to an end😭