you won't let go when she hugs you

Slamming the door behind you, you stormed inside the house. You were in one of those moods where everything and everyone seemed to annoy you. Your day had been pretty awful and you just wanna leave all the terrible memories of the day behind.

"Y/n?"

You turned your head at the sound of your girlfriend's voice. She stood by the staircase with a look of worry in her eyes. Sensing your miserable mood she opened her arms up for you. You walked into them and felt a lot of the stress you'd been put under throughout the day just melt away.

Her touch was soft and warm. You could feel the beat of her heart through her oversized hoodie she had on and it only seemed to comfort you more. You let a few tears fall before you actually started to feel a little bit better.

But that didn't mean you were ready or willing to let her go.

You felt Ariana trying to pull away. When she felt how tightly you were holding her she laughed. Running a hand through your hair, she looked down at you with a grin. "Are you gonna let go now?"

You shook your head. "Nope. I'm not letting you go. Not now, not ever."

Ariana's heart fluttered in her chest over your sweet words and voice. She slowly walked you to the couch, falling on top of you which only seemed to make you hold onto her more securely than before.

"If you really need me to let go then I will. But otherwise, I'd really rather not. I've had a bad day and you're the only thing that got me through it. The thought of coming home to you, cuddling with you, kissing you; it was the only thing that kept me going."

She cooed at that, kissing your cheek delicately a few times. "You don't have to let me go. I've got nothing else to do and nowhere else to be. I'm right here. I'll make it all better."

She said softly as she kissed your shoulder. You smiled at her a little, making Ariana do the same back at you.

"You already are. You always make it all better, just by being here for me."

She put her head down on your shoulder while you put your chin over her shoulder. You sighed as the remaining worries left your mind, your shoulders dropping in relief as Ariana stayed there with you, hugging you just as tightly as you were hugging her.