Tutoring

ROSIE POV

So it's been a little over two weeks since Jennie and Jisoo found out about Lisa and me, but today was the first tutoring session that we have together since then. To be honest, I'm actually kind of nervous about it. The session doesn't start for another 5 minutes, but I'm sitting here already anyway. The girls usually show up either just before or just on time so they shouldn't be too long.

As if on cue, the little bell to the café rings to signal that the door has been opened. Two of my students enter and find my table. They both look like they're whispering to each other. Planning something, but arguing about it at the same time.

"No I'll say the first bit! And then you can do the cooler bit after? You do the good one" Jennie whispers but I can still easily hear it. They both take their seats across from me, still arguing about whatever it is they're talking about.

"Um, hello girls?" At the sound of my voice, they both stopped talking immediately and turned to face me, their unreadable. They both looked a little nervous, but also pretty stern. It was like they were seeing me differently.

Although for the last few days in class they have been eyeing me and Lisa like hawks as if they were expecting to catch us giving each other longing glances or catch our subtle flirting.

"Hello Roseanne" Jennie's voice was dead serious and Jisoo was trying to hold in a smile.

"Excuse me? Jennie, it's 'Miss Park', not Roseanne to you. That's inappropriate". The shock in my voice is noticeable. And while I knew at this point I could barely hold this rule over them, I wasn't expecting them to start calling me by my first name.

"Well, so is dating your student, yet here we are". The nerve of this girl. Is she serious?

"Wha-"

I was cut off by Jisoo speaking at a much louder volume than I was. "We're here on business and on Lisa's behalf. Since her father is in Thailand, she has no siblings or other family in Australia, and her mother obviously can't know about this relationship, Jennie and I have brought it upon ourselves to give you the 'talk'.

Oh my god. "The talk?"

Jennie slams her hand down on the table dramatically, but not loud enough to make a scene. "Yes, Roseanne... the talk".

"Okay you need to stop calling me tha-" I was silenced yet again by Jisoo putting her finger over her own lips.

"Look, Miss. Lisa is our best friend. And we need to know that you're going to treat her right. That you're going to look after her and love her." Jisoo's voice drops and she sounds desperate. "Lisa's last relationship didn't turn out well, and we don't want to see her upset like that again."

Both of them are looking at me, waiting for my answer. Jennie is nibbling on her top lip while Jisoo has one eyebrow cocked in my direction.

"Girls, I promise I'll take care of Lisa. We've been doing this for a little while and I really like her. I'm not taking this relationship lightly. I'm not doing it just for fun or just a thrill, I promise I really like her. Just the other night I asked her to be my girlfriend! I promise I'll give her the best I have to offer".

They both nod. "We're going to hold you to that. Because if you hurt her, you're not going to like the consequences." I've never realised how intimidating Jisoo can be. When I first saw Jennie there was a cold vibe about her, I think it's her resting bitch face and cat eyes. But Jisoo, she looks like such a baby and a softie.

"Also Miss, sorry for calling you Roseanne!" Jennie pipes up from beside the little brunette.

"It's okay. I'm glad that you both came to me about this. I'm happy Lisa has friends like you. So... shall we start on some work?"

———————

Sent - 4.32 pm
To: Lisa🌻

So... I just got the dad talk from Jennie and Jisoo at tutoring.

Received - 4.33 pm
From: Lisa🌻

The dad talk?

Sent - 4.34 pm
You know, the whole 'You better treat her right or there will be consequences' talk.

Received - 4.34pm
Oh my god... they didn't 🤦🏻‍♀️ I am so sorry 😂