Visitor

LISA POV

Received - 1.30 pm
From: Rosie 🌹❤️

Just leaving now, I'll be home soon

Unlocking my phone to reply a quick 'okay' to Rosies message, I drop down onto the couch to wait for her. The both of us still sending lovey dovey kissy emojis every text message. She'd gone grocery shopping around an hour ago so, I'd been bored since she left.

I'd been home nearly 4 days now so the pair of us had just been lounging around, watching movies and eating mostly healthy(ish) takeout. My mother would call every morning and evening to check in on what we were doing, requesting to talk to both Rosie and I.

It's been nice living with Rosie, I mean it had only been 3 days so far, but I could definitely get used to it. The only two things I really need help with now being showering and dressing my wounds, so Rosie and I just showered together and got all of that done with barely any trouble.

Only 10 minutes after replying to my girlfriend's text message, three sharp knocks at the door pulled my attention away from the random movie playing on the TV. Rosie must have forgotten her set of keys I'd given her, that was a quick drive.

Walking over to the door, I can make out the outline of a petite female figure through the non-see through glass. I pull at the handle from the inside, and instead of meeting my girlfriend, carrying her groceries, I come face to face with someone else.

"Lisa! Hi!" Mina springs out and throws herself at me, wrapping one of her arms around my shoulders and pulling me into her. It takes me a second to get over the surprise of having another human jump on me, but I wrap my arm around her middle anyways and hug her back. When she releases her grip on me I can finally get a proper look at her.

She's holding a box of flowers in one hand, a little pink card poking out of the top of the bouquet. "I came back for my shift at the hospital yesterday, only to find you'd been cleared to come home on Thursday. I just wanted to stop by and say hello, check in to see how you're doing..."

I smile at the sweet girl standing on my doorstep. She'd gone out of her way to buy me some flowers, a get well card, and deliver them to my doorstep to make sure I was settling in okay. "Yeah I got the all clear so Rosie brought me home." I may or may not be mistaken but I swear Mina cringed when Rosies name came out of my mouth. "But yeah, I'm doing well. I can pretty much do everything on my own now."

With a slightly distasteful look on her face that quickly turns into a dazzling grin, showing off all her teeth, Mina looks over my shoulder at the empty house behind me. "Uh... did you want to come in? I'll find a vase for the flowers and stuff..." I trail off awkwardly, not knowing what to say but wanting to be polite. The girl nods quickly and as soon as I step to the side, wanders into the hallway. "Just take a left and head on into the kitchen!"

I follow her through my house and we both make a stop at the kitchen bench. "So... Miss Park brought you home from the hospital?" Her tone was bland and I could tell she knew that Rosie and I were more than just family friends.

"Yeah, no one else was here to bring me home, my mum is in Sydney on business so I'm here alone." I busy myself looking through the cupboards in the kitchen for something to put the flowers in. The girl sighs behind me.

"You two did a good job at hiding the fact that you were hooking up. No one would have guessed..." Mina calls out from over my shoulder, disappointment evident in her voice.

I still my movements for a second, remembering how Mina would have seen me kissing Rosie in the hospital when I took my first few steps. "We weren't hooking up, Mina. We've never just 'Hooked up'". Turning around to face the girl sitting at my kitchen bench, I could feel a little anger and attitude come on from her basically saying our relationship was only sex. "She's my girlfriend. Not someone I'm just having sex with..."

Just as Mina opened her mouth to say something, apologise I'm guessing, a voice rings out through the hallway as the door slams shut. "Lisa! Baby I'm home!"

Rosie appears through the kitchen, carrying a few bags. Her face and tone changing automatically when she notices that we have company. She pretends not to notice Mina, but I can tell she's just being a shit stirrer when she drops the bags down on the floor next to the oven and wraps her arms around my neck. Grinding herself a little against me while she kisses me, letting everyone in the room know who belongs to who.

"Mmh Rosie..." I cut her off and push her backwards gently, immediately missing the feeling of her body pressed against my own.

"What? Can't I kiss my girlfriend after being away from her all morning?" She pouts, but instantly pulls a shocked face when I nod towards Mina, who's sitting watching the both of us with wide eyes and a look of annoyance. "Oh! Mina! Hi I'm sorry, I didn't realise we had company."

Everyone goes quiet for a few awkward seconds, Rosie rubbing her palm along my back. Mina was the first to break the silence, "No it's okay! I was just leaving actually. I just wanted to drop by..." she stands up from the bench and pushes her chair in, taking three short steps towards me, taking my hand, "and see how Lili was doing being home with out anyone who really knows about dressing wounds or anything so..."

Rosie steps backwards from me and I freeze when Mina wraps her arms around my neck and hugs me, making sure to rub herself right up my front. "Bye Lisa. It was nice seeing you!"
Her hands snake down to my waist and she places a kiss on my cheek before turning around and showing herself out.

Rosie was fuming. I could feel it radiating off of her. "Rosie, I-"

"Shhh come with me!" She snatches my wrist and pulls me out of the kitchen, her rough grip hurting me slightly while her jaw clenches with anger.

"What are you doing?" I'm pulled through the living room. Listening to Rosie mutter incoherently to herself as she drags me through the house, towards the stairs.

"I'm going to sit on your face!"