Matching

"Okay Lisa, so we're going to change your bandages today sweetheart. Get you some new fresh ones".

The nurse struts through the door holding a box, when she places it down on the bed I can see Lisa's eyes widen at how many different kinds of bandages are up for offer. After now 5 days of bloody bandages it was definitely time for a change, it was just that Lisa's wound wasn't ready to be uncovered yet.

This nurse was by far mine and Lisa's favourite. She always brought Lisa in extra dessert cups and allowed me to sleep in Lisa's bed with her. She was like the old, larger woman of colour that you see in the movies, you know, the fan favourite? She called both of us baby and constantly went out of her way to make sure that I was comfortable.

"Now, would you like me to help you take them off? Because, I will have to shower you."

Lisa hadn't had a proper shower since she'd been in here, just a nurse sitting with her in the bathroom and washing her arms and legs with some warm soapy water. They helped Lisa wash what she could of her body. They even gave her some wipes so she would wipe down her lower area while she was on the toilet. But she still needed help getting on and off of the toilet.

So long story short, my girlfriend was pretty useless at the moment. She couldn't move lots without wincing in pain, it was awful to watch if I'm being honest.

"Or would you be more comfortable if your girlfriend did it? Because I can show her how to rewrap your bandages. I'll wait outside the door if you two need help though?"

Lisa looked at me, raising an eyebrow in question. I nodded at her to tell her that I'm fine with doing her bandages. "Uh, I'll get Rosie to help me, if that's okay?"

The nurse smiles and turns to me. "So did you want to come here and I'll show you how to wrap these?"

"Uh- actually I already know how." The nurse nodded but Lisa looked surprised. "I had to wrap my own for like 5 weeks a couple years ago..."

"Oh wrapping your own is difficult! Doing Lisa's should be a piece of cake then!" She turns away from me and focuses her attention on Lisa. Bringing the wheelchair over to the bed so Lisa doesn't have to walk to the bathroom.

"Alright babygirl, I'm going to lift you down, you know the drill". Lisa nods at the nurse and braces herself for what comes next. I've seen this happen at least 6 times now but it was always painful to watch. Lisa yelping and whimpering as she was lifted from her bed into the chair, her face going pale if it especially hurt. "Good girl! That's been the best one so far!"

I shoot Lisa an encouraging smile, her progress is going really well. She smiles weakly back and I can tell that she's in pain.

"Alright, you can shower her in the chair, just use these wash cloths over her wound. Don't panic if it starts to bleed under the water, okay? That's completely normal. When you're removing her gown and underwear you might have to pull her into a standing position." She talks so calmly, I understand what she's saying about the blood. I'm glad she warned me or I probably would have screamed.

"It will sting when the water hits it, okay Lisa? But I'll be right outside if you need me!" We give her one last nod and she shuts the door behind us, leaving me alone to look after Lisa.

"I think I can unbutton your gown down the sides so I won't have to even take you out of the chair" I pull at the sides of her hospital dress while she just sits there, watching my fingers fiddle with the buttons.

God, that was so much easier than I thought. It was relieving too, I could see that Lisa wasn't too keen on the idea of standing up. The top half of her breasts and her nipples were covered by the stained bandages and they reached her belly button. So her whole torso was practically hidden from view.