Grandma

"Lisa! You're so big!"

My grandmother drops her bag at the entrance to the front door so she can reach up and hug me. I hadn't seen her since we moved to Australia. She had flown all the way from Thailand and Mum said she's staying for a week. And, since the bed in the spare room had a broken frame, grandma would be taking my bed and I'll be sleeping on the floor.

"You've grown so much! You must be breaking all of those boys hearts... yes?"

I try not to visibly show the disgust I am feeling. Me with a boy? Fuck that. "Uh, yeah?" She laughs and cups my cheeks, her hands were soft, I'm guessing because they're pretty wrinkly.

"Lisa, can you take the bag upstairs please?" My mothers voice calls from the doorway when grandma makes her way into the living room.

For someone who wears the same outfit everyday, my grandmas bag was fucking heavy. I grunt as I hoist it up the stairs, the bag hitting each stair with a thud. She's only staying for a week? What the hell is she going to be doing? I finally drag the luggage through my bedroom door and dump it next to the mirror, my phone buzzing in my back pocket.

Received - 9.24 am
From: Rosie 🌹

Can you come over? I need your
opinion on a few outfits ❤️

Sent - 9.24 am
I should be allowed, my grandma is
here though so I can't be long.

"Mum!" I run down the stairs. Nearly slipping over as I hop down four at a time. "Jennie needs help with redecorating her room. Am I allowed to go over?"

"Uh yeah baby that's fine! Just be back in time for lunch, okay? Actually! Bring Jennie and Jisoo over for lunch, I'm sure your grandmother would love to meet your best friends".

I nod, having to come up with another plan because I wasn't actually going to visit Jennie or Jisoo.

Sent - 9.32 pm
To: Jennie 🙈

Okay so, I'm going over Rosie's
right now, but I told my mum I was
going to see you and Jisoo. And now
she wants me to bring you two back
for lunch. So can I stop by and get
you two on my way home?

Received - 9.32 am
What are you going to be
doing at Miss Parks house?

Sent - 9.33 am
She said that she just needs
my opinion on a few outfits 🤷🏻‍♀️

Received - 9.33 am
Can Jisoo and I come?

Sent - 9.34 am
Is Jisoo with you right now?

Received - 9.34 am
Yeah she slept over here last night.

Sent - 9.34 am
Fine. But you two have to be
normal okay?

Received - 9.35 am
No promises 😘

To get to Rosie's place, I had to walk past Jennie's house, so sure enough the two of them were waiting out front of Jennie's driveway to pick them on my way through.

"Is her house nice?"

"How long will we be there for?"