Opening Up

CHAPTER 8

Mattia's POV

-Thursday afternoon-

Wow. After days of not knowing the name of Mia Bellezza, finally she gave it to me. Mia Isabelle. Wow. I wanted to say it over and over and over, knowing it could never get old.

Like usual, I drove home with Ale and Carlo. When we got home I stepped out and went inside. I headed to my room and made sure to let Samuel and Leo know I would train extra tomorrow to make up for today.

I was about to reach my room when I heard a woman's voice come from my father's office. "Look, I have been trying for the past 10 years to erase that part of my life from my memory... and I am not going to let it back in just cause you would like me to."

"Please, Katrina, this could help us find him! Don't you want that?"

"No, okay! Why would I! I have learned to let it go! Why can't you?"

I hear footsteps swiftly approaching the door and I start walking away, but the door never opened. I looked back, got a little closer and heard my father, he sounded desperate.

"Katrina, Raffa was my best friend! He made mistakes, I know that and I am not defending him, but his son shouldn't have to deal with this alone!"

"He will be a constant reminder of what that man did! He killed Sebas!"

"I know! I know, but his son didn't, all I ask is that you help me find him. I know you have the means! Raff was practically family to me, why should his son pay for his father's actions?"

"Sebas was my husband. I can't just forgive and forget something like this!"

"There is nothing he needs your forgiveness for, the boy hasn't done anything!"

"How do you know he won't eventually!" There was a long pause and a sigh. "This isn't about me, this is about my daughter. She is the only family I have left and I am trying to fix things with her! What if this boy is just like his father? I can't risk my daughter's saftey for whatever you feel you owe this boy!"

"Katrina... please."

"Enzo... I can't, I'm sorry."

Yup, she was right at the door now!

The door swiftly opened and the woman, Katrina, ran straight into me.

"Oh! Sorry..." She stared into my eyes, adjusted her shirt and continued walking away without another word.

I watched her leave. Who was that? And why does she look so familiar?

"Son..."

I turn to face my father, he looks upset. He clears his throat and speaks.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that..."

Sorry? If there's one thing I know... it's that my father doesn't say that word to anybody, unless it's serious.

"It's alright Dad, who was that?"

He looks at me with terrible grievance in his eyes.

"That son, was an old... friend." His eyes look sad just thinking about it... or more like thinking about her.

He soon after goes back in his office to take a phone call.

Well whoever she is, she was also Sebastian Corazón's wife. I heard her name come up in the phone call from yesterday. And then there's the fact that Bella's last name is also Corazón...

-Friday-

I got to school on Friday with a lot of questions. I mean why was the last name of Mia Bellezza coming up in my father's office? I didn't even wanna think about the first explanation that came into my head, she was way too innocent and good to be in a mafia family. Besides if she was, she would have recognized me already, I mean I am the heir to a whole ass mafia.