The Poetry Reading

CHAPTER 40

Mattia's POV

-Monday afternoon-

The day went on and I didn't leave Bella's side. If I could be with her I would, and I would take any chance to kiss her and show everyone she was mine.

The last class of the day rolled up real quick and of course we were notified we would be sharing our poems in class tomorrow. Damn, I haven't even started it.

We left school and went to the hospital right after. Bella would be giving Ale more blood later today. He was getting better, but was still struggling to make the amount of blood he needed by himself. Bella was on a schedule of coming in for check ups and transfusions twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays.

We got to the hospital and made our way to Ale's room where we found Sammie and Leo. Both were asleep on the recliner in the corner of the room as Ale rested. We waited for the doctor to come in and he pulled Bella to the curtained side of the room. She sat on the bed calmly as they drew the amount they needed. They handed her a cookie and an orange juice and she came over to sit in my lap.

I opened my mouth and she gave me a bite of her giant cookie and smiled. I nuzzled my nose into her neck and she giggled. Then, she took my face and looked me in the eyes. She looked serious, but a happy serious.

"Mattia, you've been acting kind of different lately. I mean, you held my hand in public, kissed me every chance you got today, you wouldn't allow me to carry my own stuff all day, you walked me to every one of my classes, and held on to me all day like I was going to run away. Is everything okay?"

"Everything is great, Mia Bellezza." I smiled, but I new she saw a hint of worry in my eyes that I just couldn't hide. Not from her.

"Mattia, what's going on?" She asked, somewhat more serious this time.

"Well, kind of a lot." She held my hand and stayed silent, showing me she was listening. "I guess I just... I have never really been a guy to 'date', I've always been a one night stand kind of guy. But I guess... I just want to prove to you and to myself that it's not like that with you."

"Aww, Matti..." She smiled at me and looked into my eyes, holding my face in her hands. "Of course I don't think that! I know you, and I feel the same way you do... I mean don't get me wrong I love your kisses, but you don't have to feel like you have anything to proove. Not to me, and not to yourself because I already believe you."

I gave her a smile and a sweet kiss. "Also, ever since you passed out at the ball I feel so... I don't know, protective over you. I mean I have almost seen you die more times than I've had the pleasure to be inside of you."

She let out a laugh.

"It's not funny..." I said, rolling my eyes with a slight smile. "I just don't want to loose you. I'm not ready to say bye yet... were supposed to have seven more months together, and even then I don't know if I'll be ready."

She held onto me tightly. "I don't know if I'll be ready either."

We waited in the room until Ale woke up and when he did we hung out with him for a while until it was time for us to go home. Samuel got to the hospital with Bullet as we were leaving. We had arranged a schedule for when certain people would stay with Ale so that he was never alone. Then, to my dismay, we made our way to Bella's house and said our goodbyes there.

Mia's POV

Mattia dropped me off home, it's been a while, and I walked in on my mother making some food. We talked and didn't fight and eventually I went to my room.