Coming Out

CHAPTER 34

Mia's POV

-Monday night-

"Adrian?"

My heart dropped to the floor. I felt shattered. It felt like someone was ripping away something from me that made me whole. I felt betrayed.

"Mia!?!" Curly looked shocked, horrified, and guilty as fuck.

I couldn't stand there a second longer. I ran to the door passing them on the way out. I felt them both try to stop me, but I was angry. I was hurt. I was crying. Crying wasn't my forte. In fact, I hated crying. Wasting tears on things that didn't deserve them. Crying made me feel vulnerable in a way that handed people the power to break me to pieces.

I ran to my room and closed the door trying not to make too much noise. The last thing I needed was for my mom to come out and get involved as well.

Curly and I had been best friends since we were in kindergarten. As the only person who would stand up for me, he was always my guardian angel. We went through so much at such a young age, but we were always there for each other. We told each other everything. I don't think I ever hid anything from him. In fact, he was the first person I told about EVERYTHING. I trusted Curly with my life! Hell, when I found out everything about my dad and his past and Mattia's future, and my present, he was the first person I ran to. He was my big brother and separating from him was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Him being here for me and with me again was the best thing that has happened to me since I moved to Miami! If Curly EVER needed me... all I would ask of him was a fucking address and time, I love him! I would do anything for him! He is my best friend.

Yet... he felt the need to hide something this big from me...

Did he think I wouldn't understand?

Did he think I would judge him?

Was he afraid?

Was he ashamed?

Was he doubtful of the strength of our friendship?

Did he not trust me to be there for him?

Was I not enough?

Was I being a terrible friend?

That night I didn't sleep at all. Not a wink. And Curly didn't try to talk to me. He gave me space.

-Tuesday-

When I woke up the next day he had left for school without me. I quickly got dressed, not feeling the energy to try that hard today. Who gives a fuck if I look BUMMY as HELL!

I took my mom's car and didn't see him at all in the morning

I took my mom's car and didn't see him at all in the morning. I talked with Mattia during 2nd period about everything.

"So, you left and didn't say anything to him?" He asked.