Newest Single Resident of Miami

CHAPTER 30

Mia's POV

-Thursday Morning-

I woke up and got dressed.

We left for school a little late, Curly drove, I vented

We left for school a little late, Curly drove, I vented. I told him about everything that happened and asked him for advice. He told me that if I wanted to break up with Khalil I should do it as soon as possible. The last thing he would want is for me to string him along, and I know that. I just don't want him to be upset and not forgive me. I don't want this to ruin my friendship with him.

"I should have never said yes when he asked me to be his girlfriend. I was just acting out, and I should have never done this knowing it would affect my friendship with him when we broke up."

"Well, you can't rewrite the past. So... just tell him straight up, that's what I would want."

"Speaking of which, any Miami girls catching your eye?" I asked him. I've seen the way most of the girls look at him. I'm just waiting for him to choose his prey.

Unexpectedly, he looked away, out the window. Almost like he was trying to cover something up. "Nah, no girls yet. They all seem pretty stuck up. I want someone who acts like an actual person. Someone who isn't all perfect and wanted by everybody. Someone who is just perfect to me, and who sees me the same way. I may not be a saint, nor a virgin. But I think it's high time I actually get into a relationship with someone that means something to me. So I am in no rush to make that happen. When it's time, it'll be time."

"Wow, the Texas Fuckboy is ready to settle down. Good for you."

"Like you can talk! The stone hearted bitch who doesn't pay attention to no boys has finally found someone to catch her eye."

I laughed as we pulled up to school.

During first period I talked to the girls and they were all visibly sad. They wanted the relationship to last forever, to which I told them that was definitely wishful thinking. They asked me why I wanted to end things with him and without really thinking I lied to them. I didn't mention Mattia. Not because I was ashamed or anything, but the last thing I wanted was for Khalil to have to witness Mattia and I together so soon after the breakup. I didn't want him to know about it just yet, and I didn't want Sofia and Mag to have to keep secrets from him and lie to him. That was a burden I wouldn't want to share with any of them.

I went to second period and worked on the science project by myself. I would probably work on it later with Mattia at the Mansion.

During break I hid in the bathroom too afraid to face him. I got several texts, but only answered a few.

Then 3rd period came around and couldn't face him. I have been avoiding him all day, but I still wasn't ready.

I walked into government and sat down in my normal spot. Then Khalil came in and kissed me on the forehead. I didn't want to hurt him, I really didn't want to hurt him. I felt like a bitch already!