Beauty of the Mafia

CHAPTER 29

Mia's POV

-Wednesday afternoon-

After my fight with Vanessa, or rather her attack on me, she explained her anger. It made sense, she was pissed at me because Mattia had just told her he would rather be with me than her.

After sharing that important piece of information with me I went straight to Mattia's room. It took me a little while to find it, considering the Mansion was so big. When I finally found it I went inside to talk to him.

As I opened the doors, he looked at me and smiled. "Hey."

He immediately made room for me on the bed and patted the spot next to him. I sat and looked to him with a somewhat serious expression. "So... you talked to Vanessaa?" I didn't know how to tell him his fiancee is a crazy bitch, so I just kept the details to a bare minimum.

As I told him everything I changed into something more comfortable.

"So she went all crazy bitch on you?" He asked, after I shared the story with him

"Is that a normal thing or...?" I asked, letting out a slight giggle.

"Did she hurt you?" He asked again, with a serious expression, trying to look for any marks.

Other than some scratches and my messy hair, she hadn't caused too much damage.

"I'm okay." I replied, with a smile. I didn't wanna make him angry at her, for some reason, a tiny part of me liked Vanessa. After everything she has said and done, I could tell that Mattia and her are friends, and if Mattia likes her there has to be some part of her to like... right?

I leaned into his side and felt his arm. I let my hand drift towards his other bullet wound in his shoulder. "Do you get shot on the regular or something? Because I don't know how I'm supposed to deal with this all the time." I rested my hand on his scar and kept it there like I was afraid if I left it uncovered someone would come back with a 9 mm and try again.

"No. I only got shot once last year." He placed his hand on the small of my back and brought me in closer.

"So did you talk to your dad too?" I was more afraid of how he would take it then Vanessa.

"Ya..."

That was it? Something was definitely wrong. "So... how'd it go?"

He shifted uncomfortably and I then knew something was really wrong. I sat up and looked him in the eyes.

He sighed, but started explaining. "My dad has been planning the treaty between the cartels with this marriage for years. Before I proposed to Vanessa I told him I didn't want to propose and he went off on me. He told me that the marriage was going to be what was best for the mafia that would be mine one day. I tried to convince him I could just talk to Vanessa, but ultimately it's not her choice, it's her father's. After I told Vanessa that I wanted to be with you she got angry and left. Then, my dad got angry and left as well."