Confesions

CHAPTER 27

Mattia's POV

-Wednesday-

5:23 AM

I woke up with a sharp pain in my stomach. Technically it wasn't in my stomach, it was to the left of my stomach. I saw the blood staining the white gauze that was wrapped tightly around my lower abdomen.

I looked to my right and saw a hand on the bed. There was a girl taking a nap in her arms lying against the bed I was lying in. Her curly hair was a mess and in a bun and she had on a loose white hoodie, which was all I managed to see. The chair she was sitting in did not looked comfortable and I wondered why she hadn't slept somewhere she could actually get rest.

I didn't have to see her face to know who the girls was. A million thoughts entered my head as I realized I would have a lot of things to explain when she woke up.

I sat there and tried not to move as to not wake my sleeping beauty. Then, after about 20 minutes, she shifted her arms. She moved her neck and head, picking it off and up from her probably now sore shoulder.

"Mattia!" She opened her beautiful green eyes wide, and began to rub them as she sat herself up a bit straighter than before. "You're awake."

I felt her deep sigh of relief and smiled.

"A little gunshot wound can't stop me!"

Her facial expression didn't change. It was still tense and grave with worry.

"Bella, I am fine... really." I put my hand on hers and gave it a gentle squeeze. "How long have you been here?"

"I don't know. A few hours." She rubbed her forehead like she was in pain and it was my turn to give her my own worried look.

"I'm fine... I just didn't get lots of sleep last night."

When her hand moved down I noticed some markings on her risk.

I took her hand and brought it closer to my head, rolling up her sleeve. There were 3 little crescent shaped cuts in her wrist. They looked fresh and I suddenly remembered what had caused them.

"Bella... did I do that to you?" I asked, ashamed of what I had done and so so sorry. Last night, in the alley I remember holding her by the wrist so tightly that my nails dug into her skin. I hadn't taken any consideration for her fragility when I was in pain. but I didn't EVER want to hurt her. I don't care what type of pain I am going through. I refuse to turn into a monster like Rafael.

She must have noticed because she gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Not on purpose." She replied.

"Oh God. I hurt you!"

I recoiled at her touch, ashamed and for once afraid of my own self and what I had done to her.

"Hey... look at me. I know you would never hurt me like this on purpose."

She forcefully took my hand in hers... needing to use both to make mine comply.

"You were shot, Mattia! You were in pain and I am not going to blame you for that!"

I calmed down and allowed her hand to rest in mine for a little bit longer. Then, it hit me that Bella had school in a couple hours. If she wanted to make it on time she would have to go home and start getting ready now.

"You have school." I said, matter of factly. I didn't want her to be late because of me.

"Really? School? Fuck school, Mattia! You just got shot and you think I will be able to focus on some stupid lessons when you're like this? You have a lot to explain, and a lot of time to do it seeming as you are stuck in this bed, and I am not planning on leaving until you do."