Friends or Family

Author's Note: Surprise! Monthly Weekend Long Update! Thank you guys so much for reading our story, we appreciate every read more than you know!

CHAPTER 56

Mattia's POV

I sat on the couch with Mia Bellezza in my arms. She was asleep now. It took an hour of her to calm down her breathing. She hasn't said a word. And it's killing me.

All I know is that there were only 3 survivors at the villa. Everyone else was killed. And now there is a possibility that some very bad shit will go down between the other mafia's.

Selina claimed to be friends with Bella. I asked her how she survived and she said she just hid. My father said this was a premeditated massacre, and that they most likely had a hit list. That would be why Bella and Selina were not harmed. They weren't on the list. Selina because it wasn't known she was coming until last minute, and Bella because she's the hitman's obsession.

I decided to pick up Bella and take her to my room so she could sleep more comfortably.

When we got up there, I laid her down and continued to stroke her golden curls from her face. I'm not sure when I fell asleep, but I did.

Until I felt an abrupt jerk next to me. I looked over to Mia Bellezza and she had a look of terror on her face.

"No." She muttered.

"Bella?" I took hold of her hand.

"Stay."

"Hey, I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere." I said, while stroking her cheek. Her eyes were still closed.

"Be. O-okay. Don't. Let. Go. Please. Stay. No!" And with that she woke with a start, tears in her eyes and streaming down her face.

She tightened her hold on my hand and brought herself closer to me. Sobbing into my shoulder.

"Bella, Bella what's wrong? Talk to me! Tell me what happened Bellezza, please, talk to me." I urged, trying to keep my voice and tone steady.

She sobbed some more, and I couldn't bare to see herr like this. It was hurting more than it should. But her tears stung me, like they were bullets hitting my skin. I didn't know how to help her in this moment and it pained me.

"She- she d-died... in my arms!" She cried into my chest and I just listened to her as she told me everything. Everything that happened in that house and everything she saw that haunted her dreams now.

"Hey, hey, it's over now, it's all over. You're with me and you're safe now." I say, while stroking her hair trying to calm her down. Her breaths are still shaky.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." She continues to hide her face in my shoulder so I take it and give her a kiss on her forehead.

"Don't be sorry, none of this was you're fault." I held her closer to me and kissed her again. "Please, don't you dare think that even for a second."

"Where's Nessa? Is she okay?" She asked.

"Yea... she went out with her brother and stayed here. Thank god she did."

There was a moments pause, then...

"It was him wasn't it?" She asks, with a break in her voice.

"We... uh..." I clear my throat. "Yes."

"That Son of a Bitch!" She screamed. And she didn't stop until she was again in tears. And all I did and could do was hold her, and....

"And I promise you, if it's the last thing I fucken do, Angel, I will kill Raymond Santana." I said, and held her hand while looking into her eyes. Then...