Extension Family

CHAPTER 39

Mattia's POV

I let go of her and she walks away. She said she needed air... but I can't help thinking that maybe she isn't fine. I want to follow her, and I almost do, but then I hear my dad's voice behind me.

"Care to explain why I keep hearing that you have brought a girl on your arm tonight, and you been walking around here calling her your girlfriend?"

I turn around and I'm now facing my father right in the face. "Hey, dad."

"Boy! Don't you 'Hey, dad.' ME! I asked you a question." His face was stern.

"Look... you told me that after I sealed the deal with the Cartels, I wouldn't have to marry Nessa. So, last time I checked, it should not matter who I choose to go out with."

"Who is the girl..." He looked worried.

"I think you know the answer to that, Dad."

He sighed. "Look here, Boy. You may be my son... but Misa is like a daughter to me, and I swear to you... if you break her heart I will beat your ass into the ground. Ya heard?"

A wide smile began to spread across my face and he rolled his eyes. "Yes, sir."

"Good." He patted my shoulder and began turning around.

"And Pops..." He stopped in his tracks at the sound of my call. "I would never hurt Mia Bellezza."

-Later-

The rest of the ball went by fast. I spent most of the time with Elia and Dom. I couldn't stop thinking about Mia Bellezza and right as I was about to go in search for her I caught sight of my angel dancing with Raymond Santana. My whole body began to fill with irritation and anger. I felt my blood boiling. Watching her dance with him shouldn't have made me so angry, but what made me angrier was when Asher took over for Santana and got way TOO FUCKEN comfortable.

To top it all off, and to my annoyance, Juliet showed up. I guess in all the chaos I didn't really think about the fact that she would be here.

"Hey, Mattia!" Juliet started grabbing on to my arms and getting pretty annoying.

I was almost ready to get Bella and leave when Juliet whispered in my ear.

"You know... there's something that I need to tell you. It's about... your little girlfriend."

I probably shouldn't have gone... but sometimes I can be a dumb ass... so I went.

After walking into the hall with Juliet I immediately regretted it. She started getting all flirty and I was about to just go back inside when she tried to feed me some bullshit about Asher and Bella having a thing. I automatically knew this was all lies cause I only ever leave Bella alone when she goes to class. If she's not with me she's with her friends and visa versa, theres' no way she would do that... she isn't like that.

Then, the next thing I know my little fighter comes out and tackles Juliet to the floor. There is no way that her body is okay to be fighting right now after she has been just resting for days. There was also the fact that I saw her dancing with Raymond Santana. Gonna have to talk to her about that later.

I picked her up and tried to calm her and she soon stops the struggle. I calm down and set her down, but she doesn't stand. She falls again. I catch her again and her head lulls back. She looks like she's about to pass out.

I start trying to wake her up, make sure she doesn't loose consciousness. I told the valet to get my car and quickly called the doctor at the Mansion.