Reassuring the Dying Girl

CHAPTER 55

Mia's POV

-After the Brunch-

After Mattia left I went to get myself a glass of water from the kitchen. I heard a couple of the girls still up, but decided it was probably for the best if I didn't go and talk to them. Let's just say not a lot of them like me.

So I just went straight to my room and took a shower. After that I put on some clothes and went to sleep.

 After that I put on some clothes and went to sleep

....

Suddenly, I am awoken my a high pitched scream. It sounds absolutely terrifying.

BANG!

My whole body freezes. I know that sound. I know that sound all too well.

A gunshot.

I immediately reach inside the drawer near my bed and search for something. Anything. I come out empty handed and look in the closet.

BANG!

Another gunshot.

My breathing has picked up exponentially now and I am frantically looking for something to protect myself with.

Aha! A pair of 6 inch heels. Thank you Vanesa! I quickly break the heels off the actual shoes and hold them both in one hand. I also grab my phone and plan on calling Mattia. Until I hear a man's voice getting closer to my door. I jump back in the closet and try to steady my breathing.

Then I hear another man's voice. It seems like their having a conversation about something. But so far I only hear the two of them.

"Alright that's two off the list." One of them says.

BANG!

"Three."

I take out my phone to text Mattia and when I hit send I hear a loud text tone come from somewhere in my room. I hear the voices stop and internally scream at myself for forgetting that Matta forgot his phone. Then, suddenly the door of my closet swings open. I'm abruptly yanked out of the closet with utter brute strength that forces me on my knees. I try to get up and feel a kick to my rib cage. I stay on the floor for a split second and look at the men who have broken into the villa of a fucken Mafia. They have no idea how sorry they're gonna be.

I look at them and they're faces immediately drop to surprise and... scare. One of the 2 men had a long serpent tattoo that wrapped around his ear down to his neck. The other a deep scar on his temple.

They clear their throats. Then one asks me, "What is your name?" In a shaky voice.

I'm very confused.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just answer!" One of them swings a hand back, threatening to hit me with the back of his gun.