Chapter 11 - Work

I'm awaken by a light kick to the stomach. I opened my eyes and I see Troy staring at me with a AK in his hand.

Y/N: Don't kick me, especially with that dirty ass foot.

He scowls at me.

Troy: I'm afraid you're going to have to repeat that.

Y/N: Why? Should've heard me the first time.

He smirks as he hits me in the stomach with his AK.

Troy: Next time it'll be harder. Now get the fuck up. Bill's gonna have a word.

He walks away as I sat up and walked over to the others. I walked up next to Clementine and Sarah, Clem notices me and blushes, probably remembering last night's events. The main gate opens up and Carver walks in.

Carver: There's been increased walker activity along the fence so be mindful when outside the walls.

Carver: The herd's moved a little closer as of this morning, but that still doesn't necessarily mean we'll be hit. Know we're monitoring the situation. Now...

Carver: Now... There are some folks that might be sore about what happened... at how things went. That's all in the past now.

Sarah: How'd you guys sleep? I was so tired.

Y/N: Hey, pay attention.

Clementine: Yeah, we'll talk later.

Sarah: Okay, sounds good. I just thought it was nice to finally--

Carver: Carlos!

Carlos jumps back at the mention of his name.

Carlos: Yes?

Carver: Your child seems to be in need of correction.

Carlos: I'm-- I'm sorry. Sarah, apologize to Mr. Carver

Sarah: S-- I- I'm sorry, sir.

Carver: No, no, that ain't gonna cut it. I can't have this type of behavior on day one of your reform now can I? You discipline her now, Carlos!

Carlos: How do you propose that I--

Carver: One hard smack across the mouth should be enough. It'll make her think twice about opening it up again, at least I hope so, for her sake. Go on, we'll wait. 

Carlos: Uh, I'm not sure with my hand that I-

Carver: Well, that's why you got two hands. And it better not be a baby smack. Otherwise, Troy here will gladly do it... multiple times. And I'm sure you wouldn't want that. He can be... overzealous? That the word?

Troy: If it means I'll beat the shit out of her, then hell yeah.

Y/N: It's my fault!

Troy: Hey! No one is fucking talking to you!

Carver: Unless you want what I gave you yesterday, but 100 times worse, I'd shut the hell up.

Carlos sighs as he turns to Sarah.

Sarah: I-I'm s-sorry, dad! I'm sorry!

Carlos: Close your eyes, honey. It'll sting for a second.

We all sat in silence, Carlos keeps hesitating to do it.

Carver: Do it already!

He smacks her so hard she fell on to the floor.

Carlos: I-I'm sorry, Sarah--

Carver: Stop! You're not coddling the girl no more. Let her sit there and think about what she did. Troy, get Carlos to his post. Everyone else get to work.