Chapter 64 - Greenhouse

You, Clem, Ruby, and Mitch walked to the greenhouse. It was mostly covered in plants now.

Y/N: Man, this place has seen better days. I can see why it's called a "greenhouse" now.

You chuckled at your joke.

Clementine: No. Just no. Stop.

Y/N: C'mon it was funny, right guys?

Ruby: No.

Mitch: No.

Clementine: No.

Y/N: Okay, it wasn't funny. But it's still true.

Ruby: Guess I didn't realize how long it's been. How much it's change.

She goes to open the door, but it was locked.

Mitch: Ugh. This ain't budging.

Ruby: You gonna stand there sulking all day, or you gonna do something useful?

Clementine: Well, we need that barbed wire. There must be another way in.

Y/N: Didn't Violet say this place was swarming with walkers? Wouldn't we be able to hear them?

Clementine and Ruby shrug their shoulders as Mitch goes to the side of the greenhouse. You followed him.

Mitch: What do you want?

Y/N: Nothing that has to do with you.

Mitch: You and Clem are only here 'cause we're desperate, you know, so don't get comfy.

Y/N: You're desperate? I thought you were better without us?

Mitch: I would prefer if you both weren't here, but everyone wants you two to help, so. But when we're done, you and I are gonna have words.

Y/N: Oh, I'm so excited. But let's focus on surviving, first.

Clementine and Ruby comes around. Clementine looks into the window.

Clementine: I can't see anything.

Mitch: Must be all the condensation inside.

Ruby: Condensation? That's a big word for someone like you.

Mitch: Shut up.

Y/N: Looks like this ladder is our best bet.

Ruby: Good idea, Mitch, boost me up.

Mitch: No. Let them go. Let's send the ones we don't care about losing.

Ruby: That's a horrible thing to say!

Y/N: Yeah? Fuck you, too, Mitch.

Clementine: If that's what you want, then how come you aren't going up?

Ruby: That's enough! All of you!

Clementine: Fine, we'll go. Come on, Y/N.

Mitch and Ruby boost both of you and you dropped into the greenhouse. She pulled out her knife and you pulled out your bat. You both made quick work of the three walkers and unlocked the door.

Mitch: Huh. Not bad.

You both scowl at him.

Ruby: Wow. Wild ginger, eastern prickly pear, Jerusalem artichoke, false Solomon's seal.

Mitch: Let's just find that barbed wire, and anything else that can be helpful.

You explored and ended up finding a crowbar.

Clementine: Hey, Y/N. Come here.

You walked over to her and she was holding a mushroom.

Y/N: What's up?