Chapter 55 - Hunting

You, Louis, and Aasim were walking in the hunting grounds. Ruby looked at you before you left and said your arm was good to go. Why did they even put the cast on in the first place? 

Aasim: Hunting grounds are usually clear of walkers. But sometimes they do get caught in the snares and shit. If you see a ribbon on a tree, that mean's there are traps nearby. So... you know, watch your step.

Louis scoffs.

Louis: Please. I think I can handle myself. I'm basically a ninja!

Y/N You too, eh? I thought I was the only one.

You do a ninja pose.

Aasim: Oh, my god. We've got work to do. Not all of us have the privilege of being Marlon's lap dog.

Louis: Ouch. It sounds like someone's jealous... In my defense, I totally get things done. I just prefer to think of survival as more of a... day-to-day task.

Y/N: What about the others? We need to work together as a team.

Louis: Sure yeah, sometimes.

Aasim: You act like you're the only with a strategy. I play the long game. You've gotta have plans B, C, and D.

Louis: What if you don't make it that far?

You hear a walker groaning.

Y/N: Sh! There's a walker nearby.

You looked around and see a walker that got caught in one of the traps. You three walked up to it.

Louis: Ha! Hey, check this guy out. He's like a walker pinata!

Aasim: Just cut it down, fix the snare and let's go.

Louis: I will, I will! Eventually.

Aasim looks at you.

Aasim: If you want food for your girl and kid, I could use a hand. Or you can mess around with this idiot and starve. It's up to you.

He walks off.

Louis: "Or you can starve!" So dramatic.

Louis holds out his chair leg towards you.

Louis: Wanna take a swing?

You took out your baseball.

Louis: Well, damn! You have a actual baseball bat. Go for it!

You walked up the walker and readied your swing.

Y/N: As a friend once said: Batter up, fuckface!

You swung at the walker.

Louis: Woo! That's what I'm talking about! If we were in the Olympics, you would get an silver.

Y/N: Silver? Please.

You readied your swing and swung at the walker. You hit it so hard, it's jaw flew off.

Louis: Holy shit! Skip the gold, that was a platinum!

Y/N: Well, I do know a baseball player.

Louis: Alright, show's over. Wasn't it good to blow off some steam? You need to get it all out every now and then. Have some fun!

Y/N: Yeah, it's nice. It's so easy to let depression sink in during times like this.

Louis: Exactly. You're a part of team fun now! Where depression isn't welcomed. I'll untie our friend here, if you go over to Aasim.

Y/N: Okay, sounds like a plan.

You walked over to Aasim, who was looking at a rabbit caught in a snare.