Chapter 38 - Reveal

Everyone made it inside the factory safe and sound. Javi kicked away the jack so the gate'll close, keeping the walkers off us. For now.

Tripp: Damn, man. That was a close call.

Y/N: No kidding. But we all made it.

Clementine: Hopefully that door will keep 'em off.

Y/N: Well, let's not stick around and find out that it doesn't. Why did David want you guys here in the first place?

Javi: He just told us to--

He was cut off by a banging on the door.

???: Hey, I'm here! Open up!

Javi: David!

He goes for the door, but Clementine aims her gun at him.

Clementine: Don't you dare let the fucking baby killer in!

She shoots near him.

Clementine: Don't make me do this.

Y/N: Clem, listen. I know he's an asshole and I hate him as much as you do, but he doesn't deserve to be eaten alive by walkers.

Clementine: What?! He deserves worse!

Y/N: Clem, just listen to me, please.

You put a hand on her shoulder to try and calm her down.

Javi: He has a son, Clem. Just like you did.

Y/N: Clementine, please.

You slowly take the gun out of her hand as Javi opens the door.

Clementine: I'm sorry.

Y/N: It's okay. As much as I want him dead for what he did, no one deserves to be eaten alive.

David runs in and slams the door. He then turns and glares at you and Clem.

David: Well, well, well, If it isn't Clementine and Y/N. How'd you get caught up in all of this?

Clementine: Ask your brother.

David: They're both trouble. Don't trust me

Y/N: You're lucky I stopped her just a second ago, if I hadn't, you'd be dead. You're already making me regret it.

Javi: They're with me. I owe them my life.

Tripp: They told us some pretty rancid stuff about you, man.

David: What did they say?

Javi: That you left them to die.

David: No. We kicked them out.

Javi: Two kids out there all alone? You think Mariana or Gabe could've survived that?

David: We had rules. Clem and Y/N broke them. I would've done the same to anybody.

Javi: To anybody, huh? You broke the rules for Kate and Gabe.

David: And I'll accept the consequences, unlike them.

Clementine: Did he suffer?

Y/N: Just tell us, please. At least let us know that.

David sighs.

David: No. I wouldn't have let him.

Y/N: So, he's really gone...? Fuck...

You feel tears welling up in your eyes as Clementine hugs you.

David: No! We didn't have to worry about that. He lived!

Clementine breaks away from your embrace.

Clementine: W-what?

David: He lived.

Javi: How? He was dying. They both said so.

David: AJ bounced back. He was stronger than we thought. It was a... miracle.

Clementine: You're lying.

Y/N: No, Clem. This is-- wait... Yeah, it sounds like you're trying to save your skin.

Javi: That's what it sounds like to me.

David: I'm not! Clementine, Y/N, please, I am not lying about this.

Y/N: Then where is he now?

David: I don't know for certain.

Clementine: But he's in Richmond?

David: Dr. Lingard took care of the boy. He'll know where to find him.

Y/N: Then we're going back!

David: We're not going anywhere until the walkers clear.

Clementine walks off and you follow her.

Clementine: I still don't believe him, Y/N. It's... it's too good to be true.

Y/N: I don't trust him either, but we are going to find Lingard, and we are going to ask him.

Clementine: But he did seem like he was really honest.

She suddenly hugs you.

Clementine: He could be alive, Y/N. I... I...

She starts silently sobbing into your shoulder. You hug her and lightly stroke her back.

Y/N: If he really is alive, then we are going to find him and we will never, NEVER let him out of our sight again. That's a promise.

You grab her chin and made her look at you.

Y/N: So stop crying. It breaks my heart seeing you like this.

She smiles and pecks you on the lips.

Y/N: See? There's that smile I love. Now, let's--

???: Look how many there are already. Goddamn herd;s near;y on us. Hurry the fuck up!

???: You hurry up!

???: We wouldn't be in this mess if you hadn't gone all trigger happy on David's family.

You and Clem look at Javi and the rest and see that they're hiding behind some boxes. You joined them.

Y/N: Who the hell is that?

David: Sounds like Max, Badger, and Lonnie.

Badger: Man, fuck David, and fuck that little girl. I do the little bitch again in a heartbeat, just to see her head pop.

Max: You sure as hell stupid, ain't you?

Lonnie: You're just realizing that now?

You all stuck up on them.

Javi: And now we get to see your head pop you motherfucker!

David punches Badger, he drops his gun and it slides into a grate.

Max: David

David: I thought better of you Max, I really did.

Max: David, c'mon man! We're a unit! There's need for--

He quickly pulls out his gun and starts shooting. Everyone dives into cover and Lonnie starts running away. Clementine and Jesus chase him. Badger starts running away.

David: Go! Get Badger!

Javi runs after Badger and you stayed back until the shooting stopped. Once it did, you run up to an office and you see Badger hitting Javi with the stock of a shotgun, knocking him down.

He turns his attention you and tackles you. He begins choking you, but you grabbed a nearby mug and slammed it into his face. He groans and holds his face, buying you time to get up.

He recovers as soon as you get up. He picks you up and throws you out the window. You hear Tripp calling out to you as you slam your head into one the racks. Your vision is blurry, but you see Tripp pulling you into cover as your vision fades to black.