Chapter 42 - Planning

You, Clem, Ava, Gabe, and Javi made it back to the apartment. Tripp opens up the door and looks at your arm.

Tripp: Hell! You okay, kid?

Y/N: Yeah, we got it taken care of. Don't worry.

Eleanor: Kate's in the other room.

Tripp: You guys got the guns!

Gabe: Hell yeah we did.

He starts passes around the guns.

Tripp: So what took you guys so long?

Y/N: We went to go see Lingard.

Eleanor: At night? I'm surprised he was still sober.

Y/N: Well, he wasn't.

Javi: The guy was destroyed when we got there.

Eleanor: It would be sad, if it wasn't so reckless.

Clementine: It's pathetic, is what it is. 

Javi walks over to her.

Javi: Why don't you go talk to Kate, okay?

Clementine: Okay.

She walks off into another room.

Javi: The sun will be rising soon. Joan's people know that we're here, and they'll be looking for us.

Tripp: Fuck's sake.

Eleanor: Maybe it's not as bad as we think.

Ava: Fucking figures.

Eleanor: They like me! That has to count for something!

Y/N: That won't stop them from killing us.

Javi: We've still got time to get in front of this before Joan can do anything.

Y/N: I agree. We shouldn't sit here and for Joan to come knocking on our door.

Tripp: We can't just cut and run. There's a herd out there. We're stuck in Richmond.

Ava: Joan and her people will be at the square. We need to bring the fight to them.

Y/N: Just shoot the bitch, and our problems are solved.

Eleanor: And how do we do that without dying?

Javi: If there are good people left in Richmond who are against what Joan's doing, we need to ask for their help. 

Tripp: Well, after we get Joan out, we're gonna need a way to get out of this mess. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not much of a runner.

Ava: We've got a truck - a big one - that we used to use for walker defense. It's a little busted up, but it's way better than nothing.

Y/N: Where's it at?

Ava: I'll show you.

She walks over to the window.

Ava: It's over there. In the expansion we are doing. There might still be walkers. But if we steal it, then nothing will stop us.

Kate: Steal what?

Clementine and Kate walk out of the room.

Javi: A truck. It could be our way out of here.

Gabe: Okay! We should talk about the plan now. I want to be the one who goes after dad.

Javi: Let the grown-ups come up with the plan, okay, Gabe?

Gabe: What about them?! They're helping come up with one!

He points over at you and Clem.

Y/N: Yeah, we are. Because unlike you, Gabe. We don't fuck up nearly everything we do.

Tripp: Who's to say your coming alone, Gabe?

Gabe: Are you fucking kidding me?

Clementine: Yeah. Since he got Y/N stabbed, I don't trust him to be around us. He could get all of us killed.

Gabe: This is bullshit! I'm not staying behind.

Javi: Gabe, just calm down.

Gabe: He's my dad! I'm going!

Kate: It's dangerous, and I don't want anyone else getting hurt.

Gabe: If we get to save dad, then getting hurt is worth it. It's worth dying for!

Javi: Could you do me a favor and stop showing off for everybody? You're tough, okay? You can handle a lotta shit.

Y/N: No, he's not and no, he can't.

You whisper to Clementine and she lightly giggles.

Javi: Nobody here is gonna let you be a martyr, Gabe. Your life is precious.

Gabe: Life is precious?! Then how come you shot Conrad, huh? Back in the tunnel, when he came after us - he tried to bargain with you, but you thought shooting him would be easier.

Javi: I saved your life, too, in case you didn't remember that part!

Gabe: So what? You shot him, you killed him!

Y/N: I don't think I could express how much I hate you.

Clementine: That makes two of us.

Tripp: What the fuck, Javi?! Is he telling the truth? You murdered my friend? What the fuck man!

Javi: He had a gun on them! If I hadn't killed him, he was going to shoot Clementine, Y/N and Gabe.

Clementine: He's telling truth!

Y/N: When Conrad found out that we used to run with New Frontier, he went crazy! He would've killed us, no question.

Tripp: I guess we'll never know, right? Because he's not here to tell his side of things! Javi made sure of that.

He walks up to Javi and shoves him.

Tripp: You're a fucking dangerous person, Javi! First, you murdered my friend, then you get me on Joan's shit list!?

Eleanor: I think you should give us some space, Javi.

Tripp: No, fuck that! I never want to see you again! I should hangout with Joan, I know she'll stab me in the back! You get out and never come back, or I'll be can't held accountable. You feel me?

Javi: Fuck off, all of you. If you don't think I fucking agonized about it - then you can all go to hell.

Y/N: We should probably go get that truck...

Ava: Yeah. I'll pack my things, then call you on the walkie when I see things getting started in the square.

You, Javi, Clem, Kate, and Gabe (sadly) left the apartment.