Chapter 21 - Observation Deck

You, Luke, Jane, Sarah, and Clementine returned to Parker's Run. Bonnie informed us that Kenny was in one of tents and still hasn't came out. Clementine volunteered to check on him, and after a couple minutes, they emerged from the tent. You were guessing that the deed was done with Sarita because you didn't see her anywhere.

The group decided to check out two places nearby. A Civil War museum and a observation deck. Bonnie and Mike decided to go the museum while Jane went to the observation deck. Kenny suggested that someone go with Jane to the observation deck because she seemed like the type of person to just run off. And that someone to go with her was you. Clementine went ahead with Bonnie and Mike.

So, here you were. Making your way towards the observation deck. It wasn't that far from the site, so it could be the next "camp." You noticed Jane was sitting at one of the picnic tables and walked over to her. As you got there, she looked up at you.

Jane: Oh, hey.

Y/N: I came to help you check out this place.

Jane: Well, I guess it's good to have someone watching your back.

She sits up.

Jane: So come on, partner. Let's go check out the deck. The height on it is good.

You both walked towards a set of stairs.

Y/N: You know, you seem a little weird. Are you okay?

Jane: Who is "okay" nowadays, right?

Y/N: You got me there.

Jane: Let's just focus on this, okay?

You both ascended the set of stairs.

Jane: Hey, check this out.

You walked up to a closed shutter with a lock on it.

Jane: This gate's still locked, which means that hopefully no one's gotten to whatever is inside.

Y/N: You think you can pick the lock? I know you're not... Urban, but...

She looks at you confused.

Jane: What? Urban?

Y/N: Oh, it was just something Kenny said to an old friend.

Jane: Okay... Well, anyway, I should be able to figure something out.

She pulls out a nail file.

Jane: Maybe this'll work.

Y/N: You're gonna pick a lock... with a nail file?

Jane: Versatility is not overrated.

She starts lock-picking.

Jane: So, you and Clem known each other long, huh?

Y/N: Ever since the start, or, at least when shit really hit the fan. We met in some drug store. It's also where I met Kenny. We've uh, never really been separated since. Well, expect now.

She stops for a second and smirks at you.

Jane: You have a crush on her, don't you?

You feel heat rise to your cheeks.

Y/N: Uh, w-what? What uh, makes you say that?

Jane: The way you two act towards each other for starters, and, you're blushing pretty hard.

Y/N: What? N-no I'm not!

Jane: Do you?

You sigh.

Y/N: I... I don't know. Maybe? I try not to focus on romance stuff, you know? You never know what could happen.

Jane: Yeah, I get you. It's why I'm alone. Can't emotionally attached if you're not around anyone. But it seems like it's too late for you. You should tell her. I can tell she has one on you too.