Chapter 24 - A Nice Break

You've been walking for about an hour before Luke put too much pressure on his injured leg, so you all decided to rest for a second. Mike and Jane went over to talk to Kenny about how he is treating Arvo, leaving you, Bonnie, Luke, and Clementine.

Bonnie: What is it with you two?

Luke: What do you mean?

Bonnie: Every man I've known is always trying to let each other know how tough they are. Put 'em in their place. Bunch of dominant, alpha male horse shit. And it all ends the same way.

Luke: Don't look at me. I ain't that guy.

Clementine: They're all not like that. There are good men, like Y/N. And my friend Lee...

Bonnie: Y/N is still young. Soon, he'll be doing that too.

You chuckled.

Y/N: I doubt that.

Luke: Well, I wish I had the chance to meet Lee.

Clementine: Me too... I wish he was here now.

Y/N: Me too...

Luke looks over at the other three.

Luke: Guess it took a woman to talk some sense into 'em. Looks like Jane broke it up.

Bonnie: Put some pressure on his wound. I'm gonna go get some bandages.

Clementine puts pressure on his wound. She accidentally let's go, causing him to groan in pain.

Luke: Dammit...

Y/N: Ah, you'll be fine. 

Luke: How did we get here?

Clementine: Well, we walked.

Y/N: But you were basically carried.

He laughs.

Luke: Sitting in the snow... leaned up against a tree... bullet in my leg... but  alive. When so many of my friends are dead... for no good reason... and I couldn't do anything to stop it. Everyone we left the cabin with just... gone. I'm the last one left...

Clementine: They didn't die in vain.

Luke: I wish I could believe that. I could've done more. And that ain't up for debate. I know it in my bones... and I've gotta live with it.

Bonnie: All right, this should work.

Bonnie returns, holding a bandage.

Luke: That's perfect.

Bonnie: What'd I miss?

Luke: Oh, nothing much.

Y/N: Just random stuff, like how cold it's getting.

Bonnie wraps up his leg.

Bonnie: Hey, guys. Could you go see if you can change the bandages on Kenny's wound? I tried, but he wouldn't let me.

Y/N: Let's do it.

She hands me a bottle of peroxide. I smirked and showed it to Clem.

Y/N: You remember this?

Clementine: Ugh, don't remind me.

She grabbed the bottle as you both got up and walked over to Kenny.

Kenny: I was thinking we go with Alvin Jr. What do you guys think?

Y/N: I think Alvin and Rebecca would've liked that.

Clementine nods in approval.

Kenny: Alright, Alvin Jr. It is. You like that? Well, I think AJ approves.