Chapter 31 - Accident

Clementine: There!

You came across a familiar looking gate. The gate closes as walkers begun to swarm you.

Javi: Hey!

Y/N: Open up!

You turned around and the walkers got too close for comfort. Someone then shoots them. You look up and see Tripp holding a rifle.

Tripp: I can't open the gate 'til you clear them out. Can't risk it!

You and Javi starting shooting the walkers. Your shotgun soon runs out of ammo and Clementine starting shooting, but her gun starts shooting blanks.

Clementine: Fuck! These bullets won't fire!

A walker then grabs her and tries to bite her. You quickly grabbed and threw it to the ground as she stomps it's head in. Tripp then opens the gate.

Tripp: Get your asses inside, now!

You all ran in and before the gate closes, a woman on horse runs in at the last second.

Tripp: God effin' damn it, Francine. One of these days those are gonna close and your ass'll be on the other side!

She chuckles.

Francine: Yeah. And when that day comes, Tripp, I promise... I'll eat you first.

She rides off and Tripp turns his attention to you.

Tripp: It's Clementine and...?

Y/N: Y/N.

Tripp: Right. You guys gonna be heading off again?

Clementine: Yeah. We're taking this guy to a junkyard off the highway after this herd passes.

Javi: My family's there. They're hiding from some very bad dudes.

Tripp: Well, shit. I'm... truly sorry to hear that. This herd came in pretty quick, I'm hoping it's gone just as fast. So... just keep your heads down, and steer clear of trouble, you got me?

Javi: Yeah. We'll be cool. Just need a place to ride out this herd.

Tripp: Alright, I'm gonna hold you to that. And I recommend you don't change your mind, if you wanna hold onto your teeth that is. I got shit to do, so head on in.

You all walked inside.

Y/N: Well... welcome to Prescott.

Clementine: It's a pretty cool place, actually. Built from an old airstrip.

Y/N: The people though... they could be better.

You looked over to a guy smoking a cigarette.

Y/N: We weren't expecting to be back, but then you came along, so... yeah.

Javi: Do you two have some sort of history here that I should know about?

Clementine: Not really. It's just... We know that people are capable of a lot of things.

You and Clem continued to walk. You then turn around and see Javi standing still, looking at the gate.

Clementine: Hey, Javi... What's... what's up?

Javi: My family's out there in the middle of this...

Y/N: Hey... Your family lasted this long. I'm sure they know what to do and will be fine.

Javi: Hopefully...

Y/N: Let's go. Clem and I gotta talk to someone.

You all then headed into a bar.