Chapter 80 - No Time Left?

This is longer than usual.

You four exited the cave and started walking along a trail in the woods.

Y/N: Well... this is rather... ominous. 

Clementine: If the shore was... that way, then the school should be this way.

Y/N: "Should be" I don't like the sound of that. Heh.

Clementine: Well, Mr. Navigator, you have a better idea?

Y/N: Uh... no, no! Lead the way!

She smirks.

Clementine: Though so.

You four walked in silence for a few minutes.

Tenn: Aasim was the third.

You and Clem stopped and looked at him.

Y/N: Huh?

Tenn: When we voted to kick you guys out? It was me, Violet, and Aasim who wanted you guys to stay.

AJ: Hold on... Omar voted us out? And Ruby?

Tenn: Uh... yeah.

Y/N: Honestly, at this point, I can't blame them.

Clementine: Why are you telling us now?

Tenn: Well, Aasim said you two knew what you were doing. He could tell that with you guys, the school would be safer. And he was right, if it wasn't for you guys, then we would be killed or kidnapped right now.

Y/N: Despite what Marlon done, he still saved us. And you nursed us back to health. And then AJ did... that. We owed you guys.

Tenn: Maybe. But we're even now. We probably owe you guys now.

Clementine: You don't owe us anything. We're safe now, that's all I want.

Y/N: Hell yeah.

You then hear something in the woods. Clementine draws her knife, ready for what, or who, was about to pop out, but it was Louis. AJ runs up and hugs him, so did Clem, so did Tenn, and so did you.

Louis: Hey, you guys aren't dead, that's good.

Everyone pulls away.

Clementine: Did everyone make it back safe?

Louis: Hell yeah! We took that cart and hauled ass right back to the school.

Y/N: And you came to look for us.

Louis: I never would've forgiven myself if I didn't.

Y/N: We appreciate it, man.

Louis: I still can't believe it, it's over. The raiders are gone, and we got everyone out alive. Ruby said Violet's eyes aren't infected, so that's good, too. They're all waiting for us, at home.

Clementine: I hope you know where that is?

Louis: I haven't been out here in a bit, but I think there's a bridge... that way.

Y/N: B-bridge? Ah, fuck me...

Louis: It'll be the fastest way back.

Clementine: Let's go.

You followed Louis as he guides y'all towards the bridge.

Louis: That... women... on the boat? I... I killed her.

Y/N: Was that your first?

Louis: Yeah... it was...

Clementine: Let's focus on getting out of here, first, okay? We can talk about it when we're safe.