Chapter 34 - Journey to Richmond

The van soon comes to a stop and everyone, including you, hop out.

Tripp: Oh, God! Eleanor!

They both run up and hug.

Eleanor: I can't believe it. All of our friends. All those people... Oh, Conrad...

 Javi: We'll avenge her. I promise you that.

Conrad: Oh, so it's "we" now?! You're the reason these fuckers came after us in the first place!

Tripp: Conrad. Easy, man. It's not his fault.

Conrad: Bullshit! Francine, Prescott... all because this washed up cheat walked through our gates!

Javi: I... I just lost my niece. So say what you have to say.

Conrad: What? That's supposed to make me feel better?

Eleanor: Calm down, Conrad, please.

Conrad: All I know is, if it wasn't for him--

You heard a gun cocking and you turned around. Gabe was aiming at Conrad. Oh, brother.

Gabe: Back the fuck off, now!

Javi: What the hell are you doing?

Gabe: He's threatening you!

 Conrad: Just do it already! I don't care anymore.

Y/N: Just put it down, kid. You don't know what you're doing.

Gabe: Who the fuck are you calling a kid?

He shots near your foot and runs off.

Y/N: The fuck?

Clementine: Are you okay?

Y/N: I'm fine. What a fucking idiot.

Eleanor: We're not safe out here. We need somewhere to go.

Y/N: Clem and I know a place you can go. Richmond.

Clementine: We heard there's a community there. If it's true, they'll have food... walls... Maybe a hospital, too.

Conrad: I want to find the motherfuckers who did this. They took everything from me.

Javi: The one thing we all need is a place to call home. Maybe Richmond can be that place.

Tripp: Richmond, huh.

Eleanor: It's something.

Conrad: Yeah, fuck it. Let's go.

Clementine: I'm gonna go talk to Gabe.

She walks over to him while everyone, expect you, Javi, and Eleanor gets into the cars.

Eleanor: Huh, maybe they'll hit it off.

Javi: I don't know. I think her and Y/N are kind of a thing.

You laugh.

Y/N: You're right about that. Me and her kinda keep it secret, though. But he better not try any funny business.

Eleanor smirks at you.

Eleanor: Jealous type, huh?

Y/N: More protective. Seeing as how he almost shot me, I don't like that she's with him alone.

Javi: Hey, cut him some slack. He lost his sister.

Y/N: Yeah? Me and Clem lost so, so much. And you don't see us pulling guns or shooting at any of you.

They both walk away and hopped into a car. You still watched Gabe and Clem talked, or rather yell, but you couldn't make what they were yelling about. You were about to go over to them, but Clementine slaps him across the face and runs over to you.

Y/N: What happ--

Clementine: Hey, Gabe!

He looks over at you two. Clementine then gives you a long, passionate kiss. Once she pulls away she smirks at Gabe.

Clementine: Fuck you!

She holds your hand and leads you towards the van and you both hoped in the very back seat.

Y/N: So much for keeping it a secret.

Clementine: Oh, well. I don't care anymore.

Y/N: You wanna tell me what that was about?

Clementine: He kept insulting you and telling me I could do way better. That he's a better catch.

You laugh your ass off.

Y/N: That's... that's fucking priceless! Oh, God that, and along think that's the best I've laughed in a long time.

(If you couldn't tell, I really hate Gabe.)

She giggles at you and lays her head on your shoulder.

Clementine: You're a way better catch than him.

You laugh.

Y/N: Well, I'd fucking hope so. To be fair, I think anyone's a better catch than him.

She laughs.

Y/N: So, what's the plan when we get to Richmond?

Clementine: I don't know.

Y/N: I was thinking once we get there, we take the car Eleanor's driving and go our own way. What do you say?

Clementine: As long as you're with me.

You hold her hand.

Y/N: Then it's settled.

Clementine: Can I lay my head on your lap? I'm tired and want to get as much rest as I can.

Y/N: Of course you can.

She smiles and kisses your cheek before laying her head in your lap.

Clementine: Goodnight.

Y/N: Goodnight.

You decided to get as comfortable as you can and you close your eyes, soon falling asleep.