5

Jungkook's POV

My breath hitched.

He's..Dead?

"W-what?" I didn't know what else to say. I let go of Jimin to look him in his eyes.

"I-it's all my f-fault!" He hiccuped. "H-hey, no, it's not your fault, okay? Hey, Jimin, look at me." I held his shoulders. He slowly looked back up and I could feel my heart ache at the sight of my best friend. "You did what you thought was right. It isn't your fault. It's that stupid Alpha's fault. We'll be o-okay." I tried to comfort him. He pursued his lips into a thin line, his cheeks stained with tears. "I-I.. No. We're not going to be o-okay! I can't do-do this! I'm not ready to be A-alpha.." He shakily stuttered out.

"T-the pack can't go on with--without an Alpha to l-lead.. And I'm not ready.." He paced back and fort in the room, starting to hyperventilate. "Jimin, calm down please." He didn't listen to me.

"JIMIN! CALM DOWN!"

He immediately stopped and looked back at me.

"If there's someone that can lead this pack, it's you. You're my best friend, I know you can do this. Just calm down, okay? We never wanted this to happen. But, for now, the pack needs you. Be strong for us, okay? Be strong for me." He wiped his eyes and nodded, smiling bitterly. "Y-yeah. Thank you, Jungkook-ah." He hugged me again.

I patted his back and he stepped back, walking out of the room. I followed him and we ended up in the main room. Jimin tapped onto the shoulder of a guard. "Tell everyone to come to this room. Now." The guard nodded and hurried away.

After fifteen minutes or so, all of the pack members stood in the room with curious eyes, not knowing why everyone needed to come. Jimin took a deep breath.

"Everyone, I need to tell you something important. Some of you may have noticed, others maybe didn't. But.. Me and my dad went to the Lycan Blood Pack to talk a few things right. Unfortunately, one thing led to the other and.." He looked down.

"That Alpha became mad. We broke into a fight and one by one our warriors got killed. At the last moment, my dad told me to run away. I didn't want to at first, but I had no other choice. When I came back here...

The mind link was gone."

Everyone began to scream and cry. People whispered to each other in complete unbelieve. "S-so our Alpha is--"

"Our Alpha is dead." Jimin interrupted someone. "I'll fulfill the role of being his son, the heir. I'm your new Alpha starting today." He stated. "If you have objections, leave this pack now."
Jimin said, raising his head. He must do this, otherwise he doesn't look dominant and strong enough to lead this pack.

Everyone stayed silent, no one dared to speak up. "Good. I'm sorry for your loss everyone, to the ones who were mated with a warrior. This should never have happened. From now on, we and the Lycan Blood Pack are enemies. We will be at war. If you notice one of their wolves trespassing, don't hesitate to kill them." With that, Jimin walked away, mentioning for me to follow him.

I sighed and did so, ending up in Jimin's room. He sat down onto his bed and gestured for me to sit down next to him. "Thank you, Kookie. For being my friend. For always being there for me." Jimin smiled at me. I smiled back. "Of course Jimin-ah--Alpha." I looked down with wide eyes, remembering that he's the Alpha now and I can't look him in his eyes. I'll need to adress him properly now.

I could hear him giggle. "What are you doing, silly? Look at me." I slowly looked back up, my eyes pressed shut. He laughed. "Open your eyes." I opened one of them, staring at Jimin's face. I was having an inner battle with my wolf, since he doesn't like this. This is beyond my nature.

Well, atleast I'm happy I made Jimin laugh..

"Open both of your eyes, Jungkook-ah. It's fine. You're the only one that can look me in my eyes, okay? Nothing changed between us." I hesitantly opened my other eye, trying to act normal. "O-okay, Ji-Alpha." I smiled. "It's Jimin for you. Otherwise I feel old." I giggled. "Okay Jimin."

He sighed in content and laid back, closing his eyes. " 'M tired." I hummed. "Alright, then I'll leave so you can sleep now." I stood up and grabbed the blankets, covering him with it. I was about to walk away when he grabbed my wrist. "Can you stay here for tonight? I don't feel like being alone.."

My eyes widened and I looked around the room, searching for a place to sleep. My gaze landed on the couch and I shrugged, with an 'okay' walking over to it. I laid down and looked at Jimin, who was staring at me.

My wolf whimpered inside of me and I looked at the wall, feeling a wave of submissiveness washing over me. 'Maybe it's because he's Alpha now..' I thought. "Isn't that couch uncomfortable? You don't even have a blanket." Jimin murmered. I shrugged again. "It's fine. As long as you're happy, I'm happy too." I closed my eyes and instantly opened them when I felt myself being lifted. I clutched Jimin's arms. "What are you doing?"

Jimin ignored me and laid me down onto his bed, afterwards laying next to me. He hugged my arm and smiled, his eyes closing. "This is better." He quietly said, already heading off to dreamland.

I shook my head, smiling. I brushed his hair out of his face and relaxed, closing my eyes.

After all, he's my best friend and I'm always going to be here for him, whenever he needs me.

Always.