7

Jungkook's POV

As soon as I closed the door, I turned around only to be met with Jimin who was standing right behind me. I clutched my hand against my chest. "Whew- you scared me." He giggled. "Sorry for that. I was trying to peek inside. The sight was so cute." I smiled. "Pups are cute. The only benefit of being an omega is that I can give birth to my own."

"I agree on that. It's a gift. Being a male omega is a gift." Jimin smiled and patted my shoulder. "Well, I should get going now--"
"But other wolves always make me think otherwise." I mumbled while looking down, interrupting him. I could hear him sigh. "Jungkook-ah, don't let those words get to you. You're perfect. You're unique. You are you and that's what makes you special, okay? Your future mate is blessed." I looked up with glossy eyes, his kind words truly affecting me. "T-thank you, Jiminie. You're the best." I smiled. "Of course I am. Everyone knows I am." He proudly stated, head rising.

I sighed. Typical Jimin.

And a smile crept up my lips.

°°

Narrator's POV

It's been a week. A week passed by and the Alpha of the Lycan Blood Pack became enraged.

He clearly gave them a warning.
Or so he thought.

At the end of the week, twelve wolves of his pack disappeared, presumably got killed since they never came back.

Jimin on the other hand, decided to keep the warning in mind, but he didn't do anything about it. He hasn't even told his best friend about it. He kept on doing his job, fulfilling the heavy task of being the Alpha of the pack.

Jungkook was.. Well, Jungkook. He spend a lot of time with the pups, telling them stories and when it was time to go to sleep, he asked himself a billion questions.

The only question he couldn't find an answer on, was why he still doesn't have a mate.

Only that question led to another million questions, which all stayed unanswered.

'Maybe I'm just not good enough..'

'Maybe I don't even have a mate..'

'What if my mate doesn't even like me, if I even find him eventually?'

'Maybe I should loose some weight, I don't want my mate to be embarrassed when he sees me..'

Those awful thoughts roamed in the poor omega's head at night, keeping him awake. Eventually he would cry himself to sleep, those awful thoughts getting the best of him.

Little did he know, what was waiting ahead of him..

Jungkook's POV

I rolled over onto my stomach laying spread out like a starfish on the soft grass. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining brightly and the sky was clear blue. I closed my eyes for a moment, taking in the scents of the pretty flowers around me.

That was, until another scent invaded my nostrils. It smelled fresh, like peppermint.

In the end, it didn't even matter. The scent was addicting, absolutely addicting and heavenly. It made me feel safe.

With wide eyes I checked my surroundings, trying to figure out where that amazing scent was coming from.

I stood up and sniffed, eyes closing and then opened them again, trying to follow my instincts.

I was following my nose at this point, having no idea what I was even doing. The scent was like a drug. The closer I seemed to get, the more effect it had on me.

After what seemed like eternity, I came to an halt. The scent was making me drowsy at this point, that's how strong it was. I looked around the place, not noticing anything weird at first.

.....

Until I saw a vague figure in the distance. Not even thinking twice about it, I neared the person not bothering to think about the consequences this decision might have.

I got closer and closer and that's when I somehow realized what I was doing. I looked back, realizing I was in a remote place, still in our territory but there was no one in sight except for the unknown person thirty meters away.

There are two things that can happen at this point.

Either this can go terribly wrong,
Or I might get out of here alive and well.

I took a deep breath and stepped closer, the scent getting the best of me.

The unknown person turned around when I was about five meters away and both of our eyes widened immediately.

'Mate.'

I studied the guy's features. He was really handsome, very muscular and he seemed.. Dominant. His dark brown hair reached his perfectly shaped eyebrows, his skin looked flawless and I didn't fail to notice the small mole on his nose. I sniffed the air again and that's when I realized my supposed to be mate was an Alpha.

I was staring at him, having no idea who he is. Deciding that it's time to say something otherwise this would be awkward, I forced some words out of my throat.

"H-hi, I'm Jeon J-jungkook." I looked down, smiling shyly, when his gaze began to make me feel intimidated.

'I can't believe I found my mate. I can't believe my mate is an Alpha!'

Everything was perfect, the whole moment, his scent, his looks, everything. Nothing could go wrong. Or, that's what I thought.

I suddenly heard a scoff and that's when I looked up. He was staring at me in utter disgust and unbelieve, his gaze haunting me down.

'D-does he not l-like me?'

The thought only made my heart swell. It felt like my lungs got squeezed and the air I was breathing in got heavier and thicker, a lump forming in my throat. My eyes looked like newly polyestered glass, tears threatening to spill.

"Okay look, Jung--whatever your name is. I'll be clear. I do not want you as my mate, I'll never accept you. I do not want an omega as my mate, not in a trillion years. I do not agree with this whole other half thing, cause you do not belong with me, ever."

Narrator's POV

Every word made Jungkook feel like his heart got stabbed. Over and over again. Every word that came out of his mate's mouth, was spit with venom.

A tear slipped out and rolled down his cheek, following by another and another.

'This moment couldn't get any worse.' Jungkook thought.

He was wrong about that, too, though..

"I don't know if you know who I am, but you do not want to mess with me. I'm the Lycan Blood Pack's Alpha." He started, making Jungkook shiver in complete fear, not being able to process this information.

"I'm not your mate. I'll never be. Look at you, pathetically crying. You're just a stupid, useless, weird omega. You don't even have any muscles. Can you even talk back to me, or does this alone make you fall to the ground in submissiveness? Pathetic. I can't believe this."

It became hard to breath for Jungkook. He felt broken. The moment he waited years for, the perfect, happy ending, which he imagined over more than a thousand times, never even existed. The only thing he felt was fear. Immense fear for his own mate, knowing what he's capable of. He killed the previous Alpha without any kind of mercy.

Jungkook didn't say anything, he just shivered. His thoughts made him zone out from reality, until he heard the deep voice of his mate.

"Leave, omega. And don't ever think about bothering me, ever again." He used his Alpha voice, nearly making the defenseless omega fall to his knees.

That's all it took..

For Jungkook to run away as fast as he could.

His angelic dream from childhood..

Just turned into his worst nightmare.