17

Jungkook's POV

"..So.. That's what happened." I looked back up at Jimin. Before I knew it, my back hit the bed with Jimin on top of me, softly hitting my chest. "Idiot! Why. Would. You. Do. That?! It was dangerous! Do you know how worried I was?!" He said, hitting me after every word.

I giggled. " 'M Sorry, Minnie." He smiled. "It's fine. Just don't do such a thing ever again, okay? That idiotic Alpha. Why would he let you do such a thing?! He knows you're an omega! You could've asked me to come with you! I would've killed it for you, and then you could've said that you did it." I shook my head.

"No, I can't lie to him. I needed to prove myself. I felt useless, but now, maybe he likes me a little bit more! Maybe he'll start talking to me.. I just want to cuddle with my mate and scent him.."

"Woah, woah, calm down there. I'm sorry to break it to you, but you got a long way to go before you can do such things with him. Jeez, start with trying to look him in the eyes, or have a normal conversation. It's already hard for me to try not to hate him.." Jimin muttered the last sentence. I sighed. He's right.

"Well then.. I'm going to wait in this room for the whole day, and when he comes back, I'm going to try to make him like me more!" I said determined with a smile on my face.

Jimin looked at me hesitantly, but nodded. "Just be careful. I don't want something to happen to you."

Taehyung's POV

"Come on! It's been two hours and you still found nothing!" I groaned and flopped myself back onto Hoseok's couch. He looked at me.

I stared straight back at him and saw how hard he was thinking.

"Do you have a mate?" He suddenly asked. My eyes slightly widened. "Yes. Well.. No. It's complicated." I fiddled with my fingers. "Gosh, why didn't I ask that sooner?!" I heard him closing the book harshly. I looked back up at him with a questioning look. "What do you mean?"

"Okay, look. The liquid works. Nothing is wrong with it. But now that you found your mate, I think that because of the mate bond, it works less effective when you are around him. It only happened when you were around him, right?" I nodded. "I can't do anything about this. It's nature's way to get rid of the 'identity hider' and show who you truly are. Just mate effects."

I rolled my eyes. There seriously hasn't been one good thing in this mate bond yet.

"Fine. I'll go now. Thanks for your time." I said, standing up to leave. He stayed silent and when I was about to close the door, he spoke up.

"It wouldn't be such a bad thing to show him who you really are, you know? Then at least you'd have someone with whom you can be yourself with." I didn't bother to look back.

"I don't think you understand, Hoseok. It would be a disaster."

With that, I closed the door and turned into my wolf form, heading back towards the pack house.

Jungkook's POV

I was staring at the ceiling, while laying on top of the Alpha's bed. Hopefully he won't know that someone else has been in here. I don't think he'd like that..

I heard some footsteps from outside of the room coming closer. I smelled the amazing scent and knew it was my mate.

..I should ask for his name..

The door opened and I looked at the person who entered. He immediately stopped in his tracks when he saw me.

"H-hi." I shyly said. "Uh-Hi. Why are you still here?" I shrugged. "I wanted to thank you. Also, your bed is really comfortable. I didn't really want to leave." I was proud of myself for not stuttering.

I suddenly had the courage to look him onto his eyes.

The moment we made eye contact I felt butterflies swirling around again. His brown orbs stared back into mine, before I spoke up again.

"Um.. So.. What's your name? You never told me."

That's when he froze for a second. After a minute, he replied while walking inside "Call me 'V.' My eyebrows furrowed a bit. Weird name, but okay.

He at least replied, and he hasn't kicked me out yet.

Improvements.

"U-um.. So.." I want sure what to say. I wanted to talk to him, but I had no idea how to start a conversation with him.
"Okay, look. I think it's better for you to leave now." He said, opening the door wide while looking at me.

I felt a sting in my heart, but nonetheless I smiled.

"O-of course.. Thank you for letting me stay here, and for taking care of me." I got out of the bed and looked down, while walking past him. "I'm just keeping an eye out for my pack members."

Oh.

So it wasn't because of the fact that I'm his mate..

I just nodded and walked over to my room, since I have nothing better to do. It's already dark outside. I think everyone is going to sleep in an hour or so. I was unconscious for a while, so I'm not anywhere near tired.

I entered my room and sat down onto the bed, thinking about ways I could get my own mate to like me.

He doesn't like me. Maybe I should change for him. Change myself, so he would like me.

But still.. I would be an omega. He said he doesn't want an omega.

But, I'm not giving up yet. I still have to try..